harvesters and drive-bys

dobro

So, okay I'm a moron sometimes. Well, okay - I'm a moron all the time but it's more apparent sometimes. I thought that the reason many people here don't review stuff done by people with 12 posts to their name is because of an understandable bias against strangers. But it's not that, it's people here not wanting to feed the drive-bys that are just harvesting hits on their stuff or trying to make it better known.

So, now I have to look at a newcomer's post count and decide whether they're part of this forum really, or whether they're just a drive-by. Whatcha think? 50 posts? 100 posts?

Damn, now it's my turn to feel a slight sense of disappointment from one of your posts. I clicked on this thinking "ah, new dobro song - excellent title. Love the juxtaposition of the urban and the agricultural..."

I could picture one of your songs recounting the tale of a couple of hoods on the run, hiding out in farmland somewhere in the midwest...

Still, fitting descriptions of the two characteristics you describe. I'm happy to listen regardless of post count, but you do begin to develop an innate sense of the one post wonders and those just here for the clicks. In these cases, I do often wonder whether I can be bothered to go to the trouble.

For me, I just haven't been into listening and critiquing lately. Too many other things going on. So, when I do listen, it's usually to someone who has helped me in the past.

My MP3 Clinic participation level is at an all time low these days. I should get involved more and help out.

I like Rob's idea for the song.... When can we expect to hear it??

LOL - yeah I thought it was a great song title too... :laughings:

I'm like that - I don't spend too much quality time here but I pop in from time to time, and I sort out the "regulars" and "newbies who will become regulars" from the harvesters and drive bys pretty easily...

Linking to YouTube videos, and linking to fan pages with a list of songs already on them are the things that I will never listen to. I mean, if you've made a video and it's already up on your fan page, you're not looking for mix critique, are you....

Yeh, boo, I thought it was a new tune too. Got all excited...

I usually have a quick listen to new member's stuff. I don't comment a lot of the time because my recording skills are still so infantile. I always learn a lot from reading what other people say about it though. It wasn't that long ago I was a complete newbie here and I was infinitely grateful to everyone that helped me out. Still am.

But I can kind of understand why people don't always want to spend their time on it, some people post and then never to come back to it. Or they get all antsy if someone hasn't said anything within 6 hours of their post - you know...'120 views and no comments - come on guys!' Boy, I really hate that. Like we were all sitting around doing nothing until this guy uploaded his mp3. :D

Yeah, well if you only knew how many times I've checked this forum in the last 48 hours hoping for a response from you, you'd be a bit more...no...a bit less...unfeeling. :D

Yeah, well if you only knew how many times I've checked this forum in the last 48 hours hoping for a response from you, you'd be a bit more...no...a bit less...unfeeling. :D

Nah, I think that's sick and cute at the same time. Write a song, call it 'Harvesters and Drive-bys. Do a weird voice. You know you want to. :)

Be careful what you wish for.

Shit, I didn't actually think you'd take me up on that. You've got too much time on your hands. As have I evidently. You're a bit less cute and a bit more SICK now for sure. Racking up the post count...LOL. :D

Nah, that ain't sick. I can do sick, of course. But I don't think we ought to go there.

So, okay I'm a moron sometimes. Well, okay - I'm a moron all the time but it's more apparent sometimes. I thought that the reason many people here don't review stuff done by people with 12 posts to their name is because of an understandable bias against strangers. But it's not that, it's people here not wanting to feed the drive-bys that are just harvesting hits on their stuff or trying to make it better known.

So, now I have to look at a newcomer's post count and decide whether they're part of this forum really, or whether they're just a drive-by. Whatcha think? 50 posts? 100 posts?
I'm not listening to anything from anyone that I don't see as an active member here. Click seekers can go to hell.

I'll have a look at the posts they've done before listening. A newbie who posts only about him/herself or just multiple posts the one item across a few sections I'll pass on. One that's made an attempt to "participate" I'll encourage.
It is a great title for a song - scallywags driving through the mid west start with street signs, graduate to cattle & then get start into the Battle Royale element.

Back