Hard and soft - let me know what you think...

Dave52

Here are a couple of songs, one is an accoustic-ish thing:

Safer

and this one is for people who like stuff a little harder:

HR-3162

I'd really like to know what people think of the mix and the songs. Both recorded on my Fostex VF160.

Safer - Cool song. Vox are nice and clear. Acoustic guitar sounds real nice although it could do with some separation. It's sort of getting lost. Oh, what kind if guitar is it?

The kick is sort of mushing with the bass. Bass needs some more definition. Snare is weak as well. Cymbals sound nice.

Keys sound cool. Nice selection of patches.

HR-3162 - I don't like this song as well the other and I'm not especially into acoustic music. Vox sound sort off pitch or something. Not sure if the discord is what you're after or not because there are some places they come together nicely.

Bottom end is lacking in this one too although the snare sounds a bit better. More kick and Bass.

I like the distorted guitar tone. Could be brought out in the mix more.
Clean tone is cool too. The section at 3:31 reminds me of Queensryche a little bit. I like the wah stuff too.

The percussion at 4:20 is a bit weird. What is it? I can't place it.

I like the synths. Again a great patch selection. Fits the vibe of the song perfectly.

They both kept me very interested. Very nice work indeed.

Hey Axeman - thanks for giving me some feedback, the accoustic guitar is a just an old fender, my wifes actually.

The percussion at 4:20 of HR-3162 is me holding one of my chinas with one hand while I hit it with a stick in the other, also there's some bass drum in there too.

The Queensryche reference is a compliment - thankyou.

Dave.

The title of this thread is misleading. Either that, or I need to get my mind out of the gutter! ;) :D

Back