hallucinations

The song was really good, but I could barely make out the vocals.

I'd bring up both the vocals and drums and back off on the vocal effects just a bit.

I would also like to hear more percussion during the verse part, where the drummer is just hitting the bass drum and crash cymbal. It sounds kind of empty there. It needs some cymbal-tapping at the very least.

The bass sounded pretty nice, though.... very smooth.

The song was well-played and performed, it just needs some tweaking.
Nice work. :)

Buck

The vocals were mushy, but that's within the reference of a pretty good piece of work. Heard some Metallica influence in there.

The song itself was ok, but the arrangement and execution are what impressed me the most.

FWIW - I thought it was quite good.

my initial feeling on the first few seconds of listening is:

"this mix is WARM" this is what we all strive for.

I liked the bass guitar. It felt powerful in its own way.

I aint goin to lie, I could not hear a word that you said, so I stopped trying to listen. I think its a mixture of the volume and the doubling.(did I hear a little flanging in there)

FOr the doubling, I think it will sound great if you put one far away like they are now and one more upfront and natural. I think the vocal sound is pretty good by the way.

peace

Thanx to all of you for listening!
The vocal certainly could be more clear!What happened is that I
was trying to achieve a backwards effect(I don't know how to actually make a track backwards with n-track)so I piled on a lot
of chorus and flange.Didn't work as well as it could.It needs to
be remixed because the disturbed nature of the lyrics are what
makes it"Hallucinations"!
Cyanjaguar:Thanx for your compliments on the mix and the bass.
psmith66:You might hear a little Metallica,but it was Black Sabbath that I was shooting for.
Buck62:I know what you mean about the drums in the verse.I
just got tired of playing around with this song and left it alone.I
think I'll go back and see what I can come up with
Thanx again for listening guys!!

Yeah I could feel the Black Sabbath vibe to this, before I even read your reply. Everything has already been pretty much covered as far as the mix, but I did love that bass guitar man that was the tone I strive for...but no luck so far. I enjoyed your track beezelbubba good stuff!

kind of atmospheric stuff...
the feeling reminds me of a certain Black-Sabbath song - "Megalomania" I think.
actually I prefer listening to "easier" stuff, but your song (and the recording) is really cool...and I like the guitar solo!
as said before, the lyrics are difficult to understand - however, in my opinion this isn't such a severe drawback as it makes the song even more spooky.
smirky

Thanx for the listen guys!
David:I'm glad the bass came out ok.I use the same pedalboard for bass as guitar,
so I worry it's not up to snuff.Guess it's ok for now.
Smirky:You know your Sabbath.I do still wish the lyrics could be understood.I'm kind of proud of them,'cause they're so wacked.Maybe I'll post them.
Thanx for the input!

I like the tune. If it reminds me of anything, it sounds like a nice cross between Black Sabbath and Soundgarden. Anyway, I would have like to hear the vocals come up a little and maybe tweak the effects a little. Very confident guitar playing, actually killer guitar playing, as usual. I'm ok with just the kick and cymbal on the verses, at least for the first verse or so, I would like to see how it sounds with a snare dropping in on the last verse to step it up a bit, but wouldn't know for sure until I heard it that way. Basically, very good tune, I like it a lot. Keep up the fine work. Normally I would commend you on your restraint for not putting too much lead guitar in the tune but, you play so well, I found myself wanting to hear more guitar. NIce job

Ray J

Thanx, RayJ.Coming from you,guitar compliments are very flattering!
Unfortunately,the vocal effects are permanent.With my modest
computer setup,I have to make decisions and live with them(or
re-record the tracks)I could remix the song and bring the vocal up
but I need to work on new stuff right now.The point is well taken though!!The point about the snare on the last verse is a very good idea.I'll have a look at it.
If you like my guitar work,stay tuned for"Pharos"!No restraint
at all!!Just another instrumental journey into guitar masterbation
(very exotic this time).Just finished the mix and will upload to MP3.com tonight.Should be up in about 10 days(if I'm lucky).
As always,I look forward to your next blues masterpiece!
Matt

Back