Guitar track for Town Without Pity

Yo! Okay, my latest tune will be a remake of Gene Pitney's song Town Without Pity...

So far I've only got the guitar track kind of done... but I thought it turned out pretty good! I laid down some simple bass and drums as a guide and mixed it like a little instrumental... so I guess this is a preview of the whole version.

I wanted that vintage early Beatles/rockabilly guitar sound, and for the first time ever I'm trying flatwound strings on my electric guitar. See what you think!

Is the guitar too "over the top"? I might simplify it after I get more tracks done... maybe it won't even work at all!

Comments please!

-Gt

Sounds really nice man. I'm wondering if maybe you might be looking for just a bit of a low cut, if you're going for that older guitar sound. Someone older than me might have the answer to that. :)

Very nice playing and the music is interesting too. haha...love that ending. Nice stuff!

The chords in the song are pretty wicked... I looked it up on the net and they were like "Asus5+9add11/G".... and seemed to change just about every word... :confused:

So as ususal, I tossed that out and played it by ear! I still have to do horn section, piano etc etc...

Sometimes I think too much of my life is getting sucked up in this hobby!

Ronnie Montrose did "Town Without A Pity"also..very cool tune! On a solo album about..hummm 1975 or so..Gonna give yours a listen:) I love this song

Don

Very cool piece of music dude.Brian Setzer does a lot of stuff like this.Good job on the playing and recording.

Thanks!

Actually Brian Setzer has done a remake of this song too... But I refuse to listen to it til after mine is done. His will be so good I'll get depressed and give mine up...

Back