guitar/piano

hey mate.

Very nice instrumental here!

The mix is really full and vibrant.

What did you use for the keyboard. Thats some pretty fine playin.

Is the sound in the background at the end supposed to be strings?? if so it's not that good, but if you just liked that sound (whatever it is) then fine.

Well done.

I enjoyed, nice gitaar as well.

yiordanaki

I liked it. Good sounds, good track. Pretty creative. Good keyboard and git sounds. Really intersting.

The weak link to me is the drum sounds. Sequenced well, but just weak sound compared to the rest of the track.

But a very good job..... as always.

Nice composition, quite restrained, almost ambient in parts. Good playing on the keys. Don't get to hear much piano, aladdin sane comes to mind. Killer vocal haha. Great job

Hey, Sam --

Thanks for a cool listen. It seems to be a unique mix of jazz, pop, muzak, and a movie soundtrack. I agree with kjam -- the drums are the weakest part. But, the mood, though shifting, is seamless. Very nice work.

G

Pretty nice, BS. Wow yeah, you're really digging in now. You could have almost made a couple of songs out of this. Nice song, good performance.

The drums could have used a nice reverb on 'em. If you would have used the right reverb,..I think these drums woulda fit nicely. The reason,...I think,.. they sound weak,.. is because they are just way too flat for those guitar sounds. Ya know what I mean? It gives me the feeling that they were recorded seperatley instead of a band playing,...which I always strive for when I record. That is,... to get a feeling of a band playing instead of obvious overdubs. I probably didnt say that right.

I love that detuned hit at 1:15!!! The part that that leads into is good,..like it alot,..uh-oh! I hear a mistake at 1:36. Make sure ya edit that out. If you wanted that in there,..I dont think it works. Sounds like a mistake.

I actually like those string sounds at the end. Because they work with all the other instruments playing. That whole piece at the end sounds coherent (electronic). That goes back to what I was saying before with the drums. Truthfully,..this is the only part of the tune that these drum sounds work in.

The bass throughout sounds like a keyboard bass. I have no idea how you record bass,...but this sound doesnt work. However,.. it doesnt sound bad,..just not right for this tune.

Overall I think it is a well placed mix. Everything seems where it should be and at the right volume. Nothing seemed "wrong" with the mix,..but i do think the sounds chosen could've been different(i dont wanna say,... better). Not sure if you want comments on that or just the mix,..but,..well,..

I hear so much Satriani in this!!!! You're lead playing is fantastic!!! Great job!! Killer freakin' tone man!!One thing about the leads though. The first time I listened to it,..I got a feeling that the leads werent "focused". I'm not sure what i mean by that. There were certain parts of the lead that I kept wanting you to return to but ya didnt. I guess thats what I mean.

Sorry for the long post,..but this tune was complex. Hope I helped.

Take 'er easy,...

Calwood

I liked it very much. Really enjoyed the leads, even though I seem to recognize some Roland patches here and there. I am starting to get to the point of hearing canned drums as being OK, as I have heard too many live drum sets sound much worse...and many drum sets sound identical to canned drums. To me, that is not much an issue, unless you are trying to do some early Led Zep or something. This is pretty much a departure from the stuff you usually post, but I found it more "musical" for a lack of better words.

I hear the area where others have noted a "mistake"..and I think it does borderline on a weird note. It "works", but has a bit more harmonic tension on it as compared to the rest of the stuff you played....kinda like a bend to fix a mistake, but the bend didn't really work, but it all goes by fast anyway.

I actually kinda liked hearing the "buzz" what appears to be on the ld gtr track. Made it sound like some of those VanHalen recordings, where they didn't seem too concerned with kind of stuff...more authentic, so to speak.

This song display some fine lead chops... so screw your future excuses!!

some of the piano playing sounds very "un piano like"...with the very fast trilling kind of stuff. It's OK I suppose, but a little more melodic VS something with a speed display might work too.

Another example of a nonrepetative song form, but that's ok too. You've proved by now you are not trying to write the next pop song!

cool stuff, dude. Verges on being some of your better "mainstream" stuff!

Back