Greg_L writes his own song!

So if it sucks, well, it's all my fault. :o

It's called "Boy's Night Out".
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5914003&q=hi (Direct link)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=592804&songID=5914003 (Song page)

It's my first finished attempt at writing something halfway decent in a long ass time, so go easy on me if it blows.

Any, and I do mean ANY, comments/critiques/feedback are welcome and very appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. - Play loud. :)

Here's the corny lyrics: :p

Friday night you get off from work
Your job sucks your boss is a jerk
You don't know what to do tonight
You'll probably end up in a fight, you know
Call up the boys, it's a boys night out!

You get dressed to go to the show
You see if your chick wants to go
She's gotta wash and curl her hair
You aint got the time to care, you know
Leave her at home, it's a boys night out!

GO!

(Scorching blistering shredding solo)

(cowbell breakdown)

You get to the bar and it's late
You see all the people you hate
Dude gets up, you beat him down
You're in no mood to f**k around, you know
The world is yours, it's a boys night out
Take what you want, it's a boys night out

LET'S GO!

I should win a f**king Nobel Prize for these socially responsible thought provoking and introspective lyrics. :D

Nice song Greg. My motto has always been, "Rock n Roll lyrics don't have to change the world". :D Rockin tune and hitting the perfect punk rock tune time limit. 2 minutes! Nice job, keep writing dude.

Nice work dude!! definately hints of Motorhead/DK/Misfits/Ramones!
great combination.. sounds cool and well played!

Nice song Greg. My motto has always been, "Rock n Roll lyrics don't have to change the world". :D Rockin tune and hitting the perfect punk rock tune time limit. 2 minutes! Nice job, keep writing dude.

You got it man...the words just need to fit the song enough....they can be pretty vague, and that's ok....cuz that makes you wonder about the song. :D

damn greg, this is really good. i'm listening to it for the fourth time now. i like how the bass is up front and not just blended into the background, and the guitar tone is well suited for the music. as usual the recording is excellent.

i look forward to hearing more from you. good stuff.

Sorry I took so long.....

Love it love it love it. This takes me back to the early days of the D.C. punk scene. The energy is AMPED! And the cowbell rocks.

10 out of 10.

Damn. Your first original. You suck, I hate you. :D

EDIT: No nits at all on the recording or mix. It's fookin' great!

EDIT EDIT: And since I know you are a Turbonegro fan, I'm assuming the lyrics are not meant to be taken at face value.

Last edited:
Nice tune, real in your face type stuff. I thought the breaks were good and added a lot.
Thanks a lot. :)
You got it man...the words just need to fit the song enough....they can be pretty vague, and that's ok....cuz that makes you wonder about the song. :D
Thanks again, assface. :D

damn greg, this is really good. i'm listening to it for the fourth time now. i like how the bass is up front and not just blended into the background, and the guitar tone is well suited for the music. as usual the recording is excellent.

i look forward to hearing more from you. good stuff.
Thank you. Yall have been too kind. I hope I can keep it up. :)

Sorry I took so long.....

Love it love it love it. This takes me back to the early days of the D.C. punk scene. The energy is AMPED! And the cowbell rocks.

10 out of 10.

Damn. Your first original. You suck, I hate you. :D

EDIT: No nits at all on the recording or mix. It's fookin' great!

EDIT EDIT: And since I know you are a Turbonegro fan, I'm assuming the lyrics are not meant to be taken at face value.

Wow, thanks man. 10 out of 10 is awesome - especially coming from a fellow drummer who records good stuff. :)

That recording actually came out quite decent. Good mix. The tracks were well recorded and clear. Most punk stuff is hard to listen to.

So if it sucks, well, it's all my fault. :o

It's called "Boy's Night Out".
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5914003&q=hi (Direct link)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=592804&songID=5914003 (Song page)

It's my first finished attempt at writing something halfway decent in a long ass time, so go easy on me if it blows.

Any, and I do mean ANY, comments/critiques/feedback are welcome and very appreciated. :)

I should win a f**king Nobel Prize for these socially responsible thought provoking and introspective lyrics. :D

Lacks a certain something melodically, doesn't it... :)

KIDDING!!!

Hey man, I have a soft spot for neo-punk for some reason. Or, maybe it's that it's you, but I just like your stuff. I really can't say much here, because it is obviously by design haphazard, loose, herkyjerky and bombastic. Never heard a good punk song that wasn't. So, critique in the traditional sense doesn't play here. Just stick the gas pedal to the floor and hang on, fuck the rest.

Rock the house, dude.

It isn't Rami you're beating up in the lyrics, is it? :)

Lacks a certain something melodically, doesn't it... :)

KIDDING!!!

Hey man, I have a soft spot for neo-punk for some reason. Or, maybe it's that it's you, but I just like your stuff. I really can't say much here, because it is obviously by design haphazard, loose, herkyjerky and bombastic. Never heard a good punk song that wasn't. So, critique in the traditional sense doesn't play here. Just stick the gas pedal to the floor and hang on, fuck the rest.

Rock the house, dude.

It isn't Rami you're beating up in the lyrics, is it? :)

Lol. Well I'll be damned. Sorry for the late response Llarion. Thanks for the listen and feedback. And why would I beat up Rami? Rami's cool. Love the guy. Maybe it's myhatbroke. :D

I concur with the positive comments on this page. Would indeed be great music to listen to on the way to a party, or at the party. haha Or on my way to a game. Rock on! \m/ \m/

Best "first finished attempt at writing something halfway decent in a long ass time" tune ever!

Seriously Greg, very good man.

Entertaining, great mix, excellent playing.

Remind me to stay away from the Katy bars on boys night out....

Bart

Dude, this rocks. :)

Or punk-rocks???

Anyhoo, those deep social-woe reflecting lyrics are pretty good. If you read the lyrics to most of the label bands, you'll see the same thing there.

The playing is top notch and so is the singing. :) Just the right mood.

Oh the screaming scorching shredder interval was good also. :p.

Back