Golfers Shuffle

The only thing that sticks out as a problem is the drums and lead guitar. Both are perfomed well (gotta loved canned drums) but sonically they sound like they were grafted on to the rest of the song, almost as if they are in a different room.

Not sure how to fix it, sometimes you can run the finished mix through a very light verb and compression to make everything sound like it was recorded together.

I really hope it's the MP3 encoding, but the cymbals sound extremely washy, and the whole mix just seems very distant. It's very reminiscent of cheesy 80s music (not really the music as much as the mix). Feels like it came out of the credits of Ferris Bueller's Day Off or something of the sort.

LMAO... I agree w/ both or ya! Thanks for the comments. No compression was used...hence the tinny cymbals...80's equipment...rx-11. Gonna start mixing that rx11 w/ M1 drum sounds, but still will sound 80's lol. Hard to use drum samples with the AMD 333...pushin' that sucker to the limit now. "I'll fix it in the mix". nah...moving on to the next one.

Back