Give me your ideas for this intro!!

austinm08

the pigeon knows the way.
Here's the deal:

Intro to Beside Her

I want this intro to start out with just the guitar, which is how it is in this recording.. and then the rest of the instruments come in..

As soon as the bass, drums, rhythm guitar, and possibly piano come in.. I want it to be really powerful.. and then right before the vocals start it needs to drop back down to just drums, a light rhythm guitar, and bass.. or something like that.

But, hear this lead guitar I've got here? It sounds sort of weak and repetitive to me. Do you guitarists--or anyone that could help or give any tips--have any advice about that? What could I do to change that up, and make it catchy and a little less repetitive?

Or, do you like it how it is?

Thanks

-Austin

I don't like the first cymbal crash being there and the steccatto guitar notes. A little improv (something looser) might help, might not. :D I'm no help.

Well not to pick on you but this forum is for mixing help, you should have put this in Songwriting.

That said, all you really have there is a small arpeggio. Not really a melody, but it could be a start to something. Its not good enough (imo) to stand on its own though. I would do two measures of it to begin, then have the full band come in with a melody over top of that same repeating arpeggio.

VSpaceBoy said:
Well not to pick on you but this forum is for mixing help, you should have put this in Songwriting.

That said, all you really have there is a small arpeggio. Not really a melody, but it could be a start to something. Its not good enough (imo) to stand on its own though. I would do two measures of it to begin, then have the full band come in with a melody over top of that same repeating arpeggio.
Whoops.. sorry.

So, if I had the rest of the band come in with a melody.. it would be something that would be drawn out longer, right? Instead of a couple notes that matched each chord (kind of like this arpeggio I have now)?

TravisinFlorida said:
I don't like the first cymbal crash being there and the steccatto guitar notes. A little improv (something looser) might help, might not. :D I'm no help.
Alright. I'm using Drumsite for the drums.. and that cymbal was just in the preset fill that I used. I can edit that.

Where you heard the steccatto notes, I was going for a delay effect there.. but I just picked it instead of using the actual effect on my amp.. kind of just to build suspense leading up to the whole band coming in.

I'll take your advice into consideration, though. Thanks :P

Back