Frustrated...song sucks despite all efforts!

Nice tune. I didn't hear anything that couldn't be fixed by remixing. The bass is overpowering the mix. I would add a second rhythm guitar track and pan them L+R. You need to add a little more space to the mix. The lead vocal sounds confined and needs a bigger area instead of being squashed in the middle of the mix. Overall you did a good job so don't break out the yarn yet.

Yarn. :)

Great feedback!

Bass level should be easy to fix. There are already two rhythm guitar tracks but I didn't pan them out far enough I guess. Is this what "adding more space to the mix" means?

Background vox don't need retracking?

NTK88 said:
Need more bass drum and snare.
Got it. Should be easy to fix. Thanks.

One unrelated question.

I'm just now noticing rep power and its 100. What exactly is it?

I like this song. As others have said, the bass is too high, and not enough bass drum or snare. If you find that when you turn up the bass drum and turn down the bass you can't hear any definition in either track, you're going to need to EQ the bass a little bit to make room for the bass drum. A cut between 80 and 100 Hz should do the trick. Can't wait to hear the edited version!

EDIT: I have no idea how rep works, all I know is that it doesn't really mean anything. ;)

I actually really like the background vocals...in fact the vocals generally are good. nice job.
I agree that the guitar/bass/drum relationship is a bit off volume-wise, and adjusting that may make a big difference, but I wonder if some additional subtle percussion might not help to tie it all together? It just seems a little stunted rhtymically...

Not bad to me? I agree the low/low mids need a little more controll. Sounds like it's low mids to me.

Kick is not there right now hard to say where it will be after working on the bass. Sounds like it will still be too weak.

I don't think you have a whole lot more to do on this :)

F.S.

Nice, sounds like a lost Bread song.
Bass drum MIA?
Very gentle vocals & the bass seems to fight for EQ space.
Stereo the rhythm git & top the bass at 3k then pull some stuff away from it around the mids to see if that gives the voice some space.

Back