First recording in over six months, please give it a listen.

Scriabin

Hello everyone,

This cant really even be considered a song, but dont let that deter you. I conceived, recorded, mixed and uploaded this entire project in a little over an hour. It still needs some finishing touches on it but I'd like to have some feedback.

Its called "Unforgettable"
streaming doesnt work on Nowhere right now so please be patient and download it...its a small file;)
thanks,
Zack

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/7/1147/index.shtml

Hey Scrabyy-Doo

I gave it a listen, and it was both interesting & disturbing to listen to, given the event and samples used.
But excellent use of samples, and well-constructed synths, very Pink-Floyd sounding to me...

Not sure what else you want to add to it, but an impressive effort for just a few hours of labour.

VI

thanks idiot:p
ya i thought it seemed kinda surreal to use those samples together, kinda disturbing yet kinda beautiful in the same way. I hope I don't get flamed for using them.... that wasn't my intention.

Spooky

Greetings,

Yeah that is kinda spooky. Well made though.

CBS has their 9-11 documentary showing this Sunday I believe, with some new footage and stuff. They was a screening for reporters and they mentioned the most disturbing thing was not any video (anyof the graphic stuff wasn't shown out of respect) but the sounds of bodies hitting the ground. Songs are kinda like that, one sound clip will just stick in your mind. This song mostly was interesting to me because of the confusion/panic that came across in some of the clips...that is usually what represents the emotional part of the attacks for me, not the recovery afterward, but moreso the memories of going through it the first time.

SirRiff

Good job,
This would be great for TV...with video...ya know?
Sensitive subject matter but,....cool.

hi everyone,
thank you for the positive feedback, i wasn't sure if this would go over real well. I would like to incorporate some other types of multimedia, ill start working on it soon as i get a chance. that would help to see pictures, video ect... since this more in the style of a soundtrack than popular music.

thank you for listening:)

As it is, it's very good. As stated, very Pink Floyd like, but it struck me that it felt like an intro to a larger piece, ya know what I mean?

ya, i know what you mean. It would be a good intro to a larger piece...maybe come in with a solo acoustic fingerpicking style and then take off from there.
If youve got any ideas to make it better, by all means feel free to use it!

when i try to stream, it opens in windows media player. However, it tells me that the data is invalid and hence, i cannot stream it. It downloads fine and others seem to be streaming it in both lofi and hifi. I'm not sure what the trouble is.

That would be extremely strange, since the streaming (since almost 2 years ago) has been SC-PLS type, something that MS pulled support for pre. version 6.4.

It should not be able to play SC-PLS streams at all, unless you've got some sort of hacked version!

Are you sure you were'nt using the 'download' button and doing the WM 'playback' during download? (not streaming technically, mp3.com doesn't stream really either)

W.

no its not hacked:)
as i was checking to see my version i just realized the streaming wasnt taking place in windows media player, it was using something else:rolleyes: I have a short attention span.....
But now it seems to have switched to trying to use windows media player to stream the files, yet, i never changed any settings or preferences. Once "wmp" appeared beside my streaming options this started occuring.

Ah yes, what is the other player you are using? You need to associate M3U files with it.

Or better yet, install WinAmp, and associate it with PLS and M3U files. It's the best quality to size ratio player...

W.

im using winamp, for some reason it switched to windows media player for streaming, ill try and figure it out:)

Yep, WMP took over your M3U associations, just go into WinAmp and make sure 'M3U' is ticked, and make sure it's off in WMP.

You might have to juggle them for a while if you have a post 6.4 plus version of WMP.

W.

Back