First post...60 second mix, please critique

Tiger_

Hello all, this is a short clip of a mix Im working on.

Any suggestions, or even an affirmation of the mix is greatly appreciated. This is just recorded in my room, nothing special but Im trying to make something out of it.

Sounds like a really good start. I couldn't make anything out of the vocals, but don't know if I was supposed to. With vocals in it, you might need to bring all the levels down, to give them a spavce to sit. It was pretty loud, and full, so with so many different sounds, things tend to get a bit bunched up. Great guitar tone.
Ed

Dogman said:
Sounds like a really good start. I couldn't make anything out of the vocals, but don't know if I was supposed to. With vocals in it, you might need to bring all the levels down, to give them a spavce to sit. It was pretty loud, and full, so with so many different sounds, things tend to get a bit bunched up. Great guitar tone.
Ed

Thanks Dogman. Im guessing you meant bring down the levels of just the guitars, or did you mean literally everything in the mix when the vocals come in?

This is another clip, different song.

Im not sure about the vocals...mixwise or performance wise. I dont know whether he sounds good enough to have pushed up front, mix wise, you know?

Ive been told that my guitars sound a bit grating, which I can expect from a Pod but I would definitely like some other opinions on that.

Back