Final mix of a song a posted here a while ago

Not a bad piece of rock you've done there. The Guitar in my left ear seems a little more prominent that the one in the right.
Nice to NOT hear a DM vocal for a change.
The bass doesn't get a chance to do much more than chugg the gliss/slides are OK but I'm sure your bassist could chuck a run or riff in occasionally just for fun.
As the song progressed it seemed a bit pressured. Have you been spooning compression rather than using chop sticks?
The 2 vocals blend well - good job.

Cool song Chatt

Pretty pro on my low-fi set up. The brief middle-8 (or whatever @ ~4:02 -- and tailout) lead lines were bit low in level and therefore seemed a little lost, but otherwise...great.

Is that your SR16 on drums?

aspiring

aspiring said:
Cool song Chatt

Pretty pro on my low-fi set up. The brief middle-8 (or whatever @ ~4:02 -- and tailout) lead lines were bit low in level and therefore seemed a little lost, but otherwise...great.

Is that your SR16 on drums?

aspiring
A big thanx to all of you who have listened and an even bigger thanx to those of you who provided feedback.

aspring, the drums were done with groove agent.

really cool song. i second the notion that its nice to hear rock thats not some screaming growling unoriginal death metal shit. :)

heres my humble newbie take: the whole thing is played very well and the vocals sound great, but i think they could be a little louder. they seem to be fighting with the slightly too loud/boomy rhythm guitars, bass, and kick. the whole thing doesnt seem to have much dynamic range either. everything just chugs along at one constant barrage of volume. also as mentioned previously, it seems to get more 'squashed' as it goes along. overall i think its a cool song with cool arrangements, but just for my ears, it could still use some minor tweaks here and there. great job overall though. cool site too. :)

Greg_L said:
really cool song. i second the notion that its nice to hear rock thats not some screaming growling unoriginal death metal shit. :)

heres my humble newbie take: the whole thing is played very well and the vocals sound great, but i think they could be a little louder. they seem to be fighting with the slightly too loud/boomy rhythm guitars, bass, and kick. the whole thing doesnt seem to have much dynamic range either. everything just chugs along at one constant barrage of volume. also as mentioned previously, it seems to get more 'squashed' as it goes along. overall i think its a cool song with cool arrangements, but just for my ears, it could still use some minor tweaks here and there. great job overall though. cool site too. :)
Greg_L,
thanx for listening, i guess mabey this is not the final mix. back to the drawing board.

Back