A few people asked me to post this stuff

Fmmahoganyrush

Pleads the 5th...
During the Jamfest, a few people asked me if I had any original stuff, and if so, why haven't you posted any. Well, the answer was yes there's originals, but nothing new. So I told them I'd post the old stuff again just for a listen. I plan on revisiting these at some point and doing a job on them including real drums, etc., instead of the MIDI stuff.

Stories behind the tunes and hyperlinks are on my website HERE

Thinking of you

Love me till Labor Day

I Saw a Tear (In Lady Liberty's Eye Today)

I know there's a load of canned stuff on these, and noise and whatever, but they were first attempts at doing this stuff on a computer back in 2000 (excepy Tear, which I just sorta threw together as a demo, and went nowhere with it :p ), but critique if ya want (I swear I'm better at this now, if I can find some time to hit that big red button). :)

Thinking of you:

Beautiful song. Powerful emotional content. Sweet guitar. Excellent vocals and harmonies!

The recording... well, I'm such a newbie, but it's way better than what we're doing, so what more can I say?

Maybe we can add it to the list of songs VTgreen81 is going to learn for next year? I would love to hear you do it live and in person, and I"m sure I'm not alone.

Bet there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house (not with that group!).

Love me til Labor Day:

Fun! Got me dancing around my office.

And I liked that surprise guitar solo; it was texturally different, but still sat right in on the underneath island-beat (whatever you call it, sorry, I'm ignorant), hit all the beats, but sounded different somehow.

Nice. I liked it.

The mix sounded really good to me. But, again, I can only speak as a long time-music afficianado, not a musician or sound engineer (not yet, but maybe someday).

Thanks. I liked it.

I saw a tear:

Powerful song. Very rich instrumentals.

My only comment: I can't really hear your vocal, it's lost in the music.

The emotions are definitely in that song.

Your voice singing the lyrics would be great, I'll bet... but they're overwhelmed.

So, a remix, maybe, to bring the vox up front more?

So, you gonna go back to a burst of creativity and start writing some more songs? You done good on these three, in my humble opinion!

Thinking - Tom, you've got a great voice. And those drums don't sound too bad... actually a lot better than most drum machines. A nice song, too. It does sound like that time period (around '83). Cool harmonies. Man, you went and did the leads and overdubs... (for some reason, it cuts out @ 2:41? :confused: )

Love - Pass the Dutchie mon :D Definitely didn't expect that style from you... it's like your Wild-On E! Carribean party. Plenty of tequila (this one cuts out early, too @ 1:37)

Tear - Your voice sounds great here...it's a great vocal... but is it too compressed? You can hear the compressor clamp down too hard. Man what a day that was... too bad we couldn't keep that feeling as a country... right back to all the political bickering... you captured the day well. I like the little nod to "Amazing Grace" in there.

You've got some songwriting talents. It's just those damn jamfest-preparation talents been taking all your free time :D

Thanx for the kind words! I dunno why they're cutting out early. I'll have to look into that (I probably screwed up something with the up-load onto my site), but you get the basic idea anyway. :)

Back