Euro Symphonic Metal

Timothy Lawler said:
Fascinating. Didn't know until lately that it was so complex to get good tone recording gtr amps. Sometimes when I've tried endless positions to find just the right way to mic my classical gtr I have to confess I've thought, "I wish I played electric so I could just toss a 57 at the grill and be done with it." Live and learn.

Tim

Which reminds me. Could you bring the GR pre on the 27th? Ive been wanting to demo one Tim.

Thanks.

Hey Finster... yeah probabaly. I'll know for sure in a couple days. Your PM mailbox is full so I emailed you.

Tim

xfinsterx said:
Giving up on any mic technique is a bad idea IMO.

Your right man. Im really just trying to find one single way that will work all the time, and I know that will never be the case because diferent amps, guitars, styles etc will work better with certain techniques.

Timothy Lawler said:
Fascinating. Didn't know until lately that it was so complex to get good tone recording gtr amps. Sometimes when I've tried endless positions to find just the right way to mic my classical gtr I have to confess I've thought, "I wish I played electric so I could just toss a 57 at the grill and be done with it." Live and learn.

Tim
It aint really that complex to get good elec guitar tone recorded. There are other ways to do things which can be a bit more complicated, but if you know what a good tone is coming through your monitors and you have semi-decent equipment then with the right amp and effect tweaks it should all be good.

Back