Electronic music(D n B, Industrial, Ambient)

GnosiS

Hi, I have just completed the electronic side to my album. I am trying to get some feedback on two things...1. If is should add guitars and vocals or keep it a strickley electronic album. 2.I would like know to know what everyone thinks of the music in general. I am not quite sure if this music is this boards cup of tea but hopefully I can get some good outside perspective feedback from people who don't listen to this sort of music!THANKS!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/gnosiscan.htm

Regards
GnosiS :D

Sounds muddy and dull. The mix is total amature night--it's all over the place with unintegrated elements coming in and out, popping out of the mix... worst mix I've heard in a long time. The stereo field is utterly compromised and gimmicky. Kind of boring. Utter lack of development, melody, or audience interst.

It is beyond obvious that this was done in all software. It has that tell-tale fingerprint of blah and unoriginality unique to Reason/Fruity Loops productions.

I think the the 'industrial' tag should be taken out of your tag, because this is about as industrial as a Luddite.

Special fun fact: "Green Goddess" is a type of salad dressing.

Well thx for the reply, I am glad that you took some time to listen to my music. I am sorry it was such a disappointment, I am going to take it from your reply, that I shouldn't add any guitars and vocals, due to the fact that this song was "the worst mix you have heard in a long time." Could you tell me what song you listened to please. I have a feeling you listened to part 1, and yes you are right, I used reason. It was my first track with reason, and the last track on that site is probably my best. So if you have the time please give this one a listen

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=1817558&q=Hi

Yep, I listened to the first track. It wasn't good man. My guess is your monitoring situation may be misleading your mixes. Burn the songs to CD and listen to them in your car. That's where I do a lot of my 'critical' evaluation of my own work.

Back