From East To The West

Personally, I think the mix is lacking in the low end which doesn't help the vocals sound the best. They're on top of the backing alright but lacking in Ooomph! With regards to the vocals, and this is personal taste as much as anything, it all seems a little rushed/too fast. Like you're struggling to fit the words/melody in to the music.

When I first started listening my first thought was that the intro reminded me of Rory Gallagher - Moonchild. Then having had a quick listen to the said song, I think this song could sound great at a more moderate tempo and more feeling put in to the lyrics rather than just ripping them out over the top of the track.

Like I said though, mainly personal opinion and taste. This is a good start. it'll be interesting to see where this song ends up.

:thumbs up:

Personally, I think the mix is lacking in the low end which doesn't help the vocals sound the best. They're on top of the backing alright but lacking in Ooomph! With regards to the vocals, and this is personal taste as much as anything, it all seems a little rushed/too fast. Like you're struggling to fit the words/melody in to the music.

When I first started listening my first thought was that the intro reminded me of Rory Gallagher - Moonchild. Then having had a quick listen to the said song, I think this song could sound great at a more moderate tempo and more feeling put in to the lyrics rather than just ripping them out over the top of the track.

Like I said though, mainly personal opinion and taste. This is a good start. it'll be interesting to see where this song ends up.

:thumbs up:

Thanks for the reply, i changed a couple of things here and there gave it more bass and stuff, agreed on the tempo thing but the band chose this speed so heh.

Here's a newer version if you could give me more feedback it'd be appreciated :)

View attachment Taos Hum - From East To The West - Re-Re-Remix 3A.mp3

I'm here to learn too so take this with a grain of salt, but the vocals seem to sit well in the mix imo; I hear them very clearly and the style seems to fit this style of music (which is different then my style so I can only tell you what I hear).

I hear absolutely no low end. Only the click of the kick drum. Makes me wonder about your listening environment. Be sure to listen to lots of reference material.

I thought the vox sat on top of the mix, although the performance is pretty darn good. Fix the low end and then work on the getting the vox to sit properly.

Okay man, back to work. This song has lots of potential. :)

I'm here to learn too so take this with a grain of salt, but the vocals seem to sit well in the mix imo; I hear them very clearly and the style seems to fit this style of music (which is different then my style so I can only tell you what I hear).

I hear absolutely no low end. Only the click of the kick drum. Makes me wonder about your listening environment. Be sure to listen to lots of reference material.

I thought the vox sat on top of the mix, although the performance is pretty darn good. Fix the low end and then work on the getting the vox to sit properly.

Okay man, back to work. This song has lots of potential. :)

Wow thanks a lot, i'll tell you the truth chili, anything under 100 hz, my speakers cannot let it out its some old yamaha speaker that is maybe 15 years old or idk i don't even know the type serie or whatever nothing is written on them.

This gives me a hard time giving low end for sure...

I'll try to work something out, when you speak of low end do you think i could achieve that with the bass or you talk low end in general missing everywhere?

Back