Drum help

VSpaceBoy

..loading
Hey cats and dogs.. I'm still struggling with my drum recording/mixing. HERE is a quick 1 min or so clip.

I have easy, medium, and harder playing in the one clip to help. Any advice appreciated! Thanks!
Space

ps.. I know the guitars and bass sound like shit, just focus on drums, thanks.

I'm away from my stuff till Sunday or Monday, but can you post just a drum clip? And, how it was recorded, and mixed. This isn't bad to me, but maybe some of teh drummer dudes can give you some good tips on mic placement, and mixing.

The snare could do with some punch, maybe in the 150 -300 area. It does sound better when it's whacked a bit harder. The kick is totally missing in action. Hats & cymbals cut through OK

Bulls Hit said:
The snare could do with some punch, maybe in the 150 -300 area. It does sound better when it's whacked a bit harder. The kick is totally missing in action. Hats & cymbals cut through OK

Thanks for the listen. Thats funny you should say that about the snare. Truth is, he hits that drum uber hard, and I spend 50% of my efforts trying to make it quieter. I guess I did it too much.. lol.

I'll keep at it.

Dog, I'll post the drums only.

VSpaceBoy said:
Dog, I'll post the drums only.
Yeah, do that. I could then try and tell you what I like, but the real drummers might have some more specific tips that should help you get a good sound pretty quickly. And I need to learn to mes with drums a lot better, so all the advice will help me also.... :D

Back