Dreams Never Die *NEO SOUL* ft. Debbie Mcneill

I like a lot of UK hip hop, so I was quite happy to hear something like this on here.

Are the drums programmed? The sound fairly processed, I prefer natural sounding beats really. They fit the genre in any case but they sound really dry and up front, especially the snare, which sounds a fair bit louder than anything else. I'd bring the snare down a touch and add some reverb.

Nice tone to your voice, fits the vibe of the song. The lady singing is nice, and the keys (organ I think) at the end is a nice touch.

Nice track. :)

You know Skitz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_BGD-S6aAU

I like a lot of UK hip hop, so I was quite happy to hear something like this on here.

Are the drums programmed? The sound fairly processed, I prefer natural sounding beats really. They fit the genre in any case but they sound really dry and up front, especially the snare, which sounds a fair bit louder than anything else. I'd bring the snare down a touch and add some reverb.

Nice tone to your voice, fits the vibe of the song. The lady singing is nice, and the keys (organ I think) at the end is a nice touch.

Nice track. :)

You know Skitz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_BGD-S6aAU

Yeah man i made the beat for the drums i used addictive drumms i wanted eeveyrhting to sound raw and dry .. But great feedback bro thanks .. And yea i know Skitz good song

I'm not a hip hop or rap fan and don't know the ins-and-out of the genre or its aesthetics. So take this for what it's worth. I liked the simplicity of the arrangement. The drums are obviously looped, but that's fine with this kind of music. Likewise the synth figure. Your female singer has a great voice. I liked that part of the song best. I think you need to get a tighter on the main rap vocal.

I don't know how they do it--I would be tongue-tied--but with some rap you hear the rhymes are incredibly tight with the beat, so that there is a rhythmic inevitability to every syllable. Quite amazing. I don't think you're there yet, although you could get there. It must come down to a lot of fine-tuning of lyrics and a lot of rehearsal to get the delivery just right.

The only part of the song I did not like was the repeated "we can't live here" refrain. It got a little grating.

I like this piece, though it´s not "my" music. I`m especially hooked to the beautiful women´s voice (Debbie). It´s in a nice contrast to the male voice. Like Robus I can´t connect to the "we cant live here" refrain, which somehow interrupts the flow of the song to me.

The bass seems a bit weak and it disappears during the rap verses. Maybe something a little more synth-y sounding, and a different pattern under the rap.

I'll second what Robus said about the rap rhythm in my own way I guess - that is the rhymes should really "snap" with the rhythm. I don't know how else to describe it.

The singer's voice is very good. Reminds me of Erykah Badu. More her.

Awesome work on the female part, it sounds really pro to my ears, although the doubled track has slightly different hold times and pronunciation so it could be a little tighter. The double on the male voice is a little loose too although this is all subject to taste so maybe not even an issue really.

The intro seems a tad long, I'd probably just lead with the drum/bass for a couple measures and then pop in the male vocal.

You got me with the drums, I thought it was a record sample! Could use some brightening I think but sounds convincing to me. There's a little click at the break I think, fading to zero real fast instead of straight cutting might fix that.

Back