Does this sound OK for being recorded with a webcam?

Fist off, why would you care about the quality of a MP3 if you were recording with a webcam? I almost thought this was a joke, is it?

So I will not comment on the quality. I will just comment on the song itself... BUT that is impossible... It can't be done.. Dude I don't want to be mean but you have to invest in more than a webcam before you ask anyone to listen..

You may need a second opinion.

Is this suposed to be Lo-fi?

I think it is a bit unclear, and the sound aint the best.
But as you stated you use a crappy mic.
The song dident sound to bad, but it would be easier to jugde if the recording was better.

I could also hear a few delays, in playing, so tightness was not present, maybe the soundcard was lagging, either that or you need to pratcice a bit more on the beat.

I know this is a harsh review, but I`m being hounest.
So good luck, and I would love to hear the song properly recorded. :)

Well this was a joke band that I started with a friend. I solely asked opinions on the sound quality. I said the quality degraded because its an Mp3 because I have the wav version and I just compared both and obviously the wav is better. I just wanted you to take into consideration, that the Mp3 wasn't the final product, and that the actual final product sounded at least a bit better.

I don't know, I'm just asking for some friendly opinions. The music was never intended to be serious.

Here is my solo project: www.myspace.com/invernesslukecoudry

All of it was also recorded with the webcam. If you want more serious music to judge the sound quality on, then there it is.

EDIT: this is towards Fenderville's post

Back