The Demos

I had to listen to this because of your handle.. I do love that Mad Season album..

I listened to 90 degress.. good song..

the music sounds very compressed to me.. the drums sound pretty weak.. I like the beats, but the sounds are a bit thin.. and the dirty guitar sound needs something.. When it kicks in @2:30, it doesn't sound as good as it should..

the vocals reminded me of Depeche Mode in some spots.. I like them, but the drums and heavy guitar sounds do not work when the song kicks in..

good song and vocals though.. maybe someone can help with the mix..

listened to spirals. Toms way too loud and in your face overcompressed, I can't hear the rest of the kit. Electronic drums? odd. Sounds like tool. Vocals are good, overdrived to a good sound in some parts, don't care for that reverb.

Diem: same overcompressed drum sounds. What's the setup here? The vocals could use a little more sheen and shimmer, there's a good voice behind there.

Thanx for the reply

This is our first time recording, and drums and bass are basic cubase midi. I'm not super familiar with how to do anything with the drums other than make them (effects/better software?)

What would you suggest to make them sound less compressed?

Thanks again for the input, I appreciate it!

Get some better samples.I can see the vision of your songs and it makes me want to hear them in all their glory.Work on that guitar sound.What are yo mixing thru?Comp speakers most likely...no response.Cheap headphones.Whatever...Vox is decent and the harmonies are cool.Great outro...can't wait to hear part2...what the f*ck was the cut-off/chees edit at the end....sloppy...

You guys are the best. We really appreciate your responses.

B Sabbath - RIP - Layne Stayley :( - What kind of drum software/samples do you use in your recordings? The default drum kit in Cubase is pretty poor :(

James HE - What kind of effects would you suggest for the vox to give them the shine and shimmer they need? I totally agree with you, but don't know if it's the result of the voice, the mic (SM57), the room or what. All we did for effects is slap a basic reverb on there, but they need something else. What kind of reverb do you like?

WISC - So glad to hear you can see the potential in these songs. We can see it too! :) We're mixing through a mackie 1202 VLZ Pro into a Delta 1010 and Event 20/20 Monitors (maybe makes things sound too good to be true with all that bass power) I'm not sure I know what the you meant by the sloppy cut-off edit at the end of 90 Degrees? But thanx again for the input.

This forum is great, and the quick responses from dedicated members like yourselves is outstanding. Keep it up!

Regards,

MKF

Back