DECENTER track - unfinished

I think this mix is okay if it were instrumental but once you add vocals the rhythm(s) might have to go down to allow for room. What are you using for guitar/amp? Oh - and this rocks!!! :D:D:D:D

Yikes that's harsh dude. Starts off mellow, and then it gets nasty. I think the room effect on the drums is way too much. The mix is too unbalanced. It's strange to have roomy and muffled bass and drums and then a raging blast of in your face guitars stomping all over the top of it.

I think this mix is okay if it were instrumental but once you add vocals the rhythm(s) might have to go down to allow for room. What are you using for guitar/amp? Oh - and this rocks!!! :D:D:D:D

I used a Les Paul standard through an Orange Tiny Terror w/ a 1x12.

Yikes that's harsh dude. Starts off mellow, and then it gets nasty. I think the room effect on the drums is way too much. The mix is too unbalanced. It's strange to have roomy and muffled bass and drums and then a raging blast of in your face guitars stomping all over the top of it.

Greg, your criticism actually makes for a pretty awesome visual. I think a raging blast of in-your-face guitars stomping all over the place is pretty cool. hehe

I was thinking about trying some light distortion on the bass and I'd guess I'd need to eq it to bring out some hi mids to get the definition there. For the drums, I like the roominess in the beginning. So perhaps I'll automate the room mic to dip down to -inf once the distorted guitars kick in.

The guitar distortion is really tough. I'd tried cutting some of the highs off but then lost the presence of it. I also tried rolling back the distortion a bit to get more note definition, but then it was too weak. Fickle F@#king guitars.

I don't think I'll have too many problems with the vocals sitting in the mix because I think I pushed the guitars enough to the sides and left enough room in the center to have a nice little pocket for the vox.

Back