Dead Shape Figure - Finnish Thrash Metal

This is a tight mix. It fits the genre very well in my opinion. The first thing that jumped out at me was the bass tone; it's killer.

Keep up the good work!

wow i wasn't expecting those vocals at all. if he stuck to the super throaty vocals and didn't try doing melodies (which just sound like metallica) or doing the really really bad singing they would be good for the music. with the vocals like that it just sounds like they're trying to sound like crappy radio "hard rock" bands. the recording is fucking tight as nails though, superb job.

Just stumbled on this one, Daunt.

Sounds good to my ears, on crappy PC speakers.
I'm not big on thrash, but this song is really pretty cool...

What equipment was used?
Any GT2 on this one ;) :D

Thanks! Here's a list of equipment used:

BD: Sennheiser E602/DDrum trigger
Snare top: Shure SM57/DDrum trigger
Snare bottom: EV Co4
Toms: Sennheiser BF504
Overheads: Röde NT5

These were plugged into Soundtracs Topaz Macro (I used RME AEB8-I converter) or Behringer ADA8000. Bassdrum and snare were mixed with samples.

Bass cabinet (Hartke 4 x 10") was recorded with E602 to DBX Mini Pre. I also recorded the DI output of the amp (Hartke 7000). Guitars were recorded clean through DI Box. It's all Guitarsuite VST here! No GT2 this time. Clean guitars were reamped through V-Amp. For vocals I used Röde NT1000 and DBX Mini Pre.

You guys are sick. Usually I'll hear some pretty ok music here and just tell them it sounds really good, but this is truly something I would listen to religiously. To Chase The Wicked is even better. You guys really know what your doing, keep it up.

i think it sounds great for DI guitar! the vocals on Deathride Wagon sound cool, i like the growly voice more so than the singing parts though. and like people have said above, the whole recording sounds really good. To Chase the Wicked is an awesome song too.

recording sounds great, Good guitar sound, who would have thought that was DI? don't like the clean vocals for this type of song tho...but just my opinion

Back