Damn, I stole a riff without knowing it...

(am I the only one who likes Megadeth around here?)

dtb: thanks....throwing up? Just be glad I didn't try a death grunt LOL :)

Wireneck: ya, I understand the Rammstein comparison. Especially for foreign ears dutch can sound like german. Thanks for the nice comments, it means a lot coming from you mr. Metalman! :)

TripleM: yep, that's a pod. And as soon as I noticed I ripped off Megadeth, I decided to make a very basslight mix. Make it even more obvious, you know?

skids: yeah, I overdid the distortion. I didn't like the sound of 'angry Peddy', and it sounded a little more 'real' with distortion.

SLuiCe: I'll try to do another attempt, but more metal (double bass, faster riffs) and less rock. This was basically a try out. Don't know when, but I definetely want to try make something more interesting in this style.

Kelly5150 & Myx62: hmmmmmmmmm, a blazing guitarsolo is out of my league. I'd have to ask a friend.

fprod south: thanks, see comment Trip ;)

betty rumble: already did that, it is somewhat different from the original. Thanks for listening. And it's the first time someone calls my voice 'sexy'. I thank you for that. LOL

Khompewtur: Slayer? Not sure if I can play that fast stuff. Plus, forgive me for saying this but metal and rock is REALLY STUPID MUSIC TO PLAY ON BASS. Especially speed metal. I wonder why there are no metal bands WITHOUT a bassplayer. They always seem to find someone who likes to do the dirty job.

Guernica: I love you too, Guernica. In a totally homosexual and flesh-to-flesh kind of way of course (look at picture NOW). That pic is photoshopped (you really thought I wore spandex?). I had trouble mixing all guitarparts. Perhaps next time 2 guitar parts is enough.

Funny, I initially chose to go 4/4 pop because it was out of my comfort zone. LOL Now I'm gradually crawling back to whatever my comfort zone was a few years ago (instrumental metal disco?)

JasonBird: you're right about the eq and fx. I'll try to keep away from it when I do my next attempt.

dobro: yes, I'm sure about the abundance of upper end. It sucks. Next attempt I'll watch that. Yeah, I was having two days off and had some fun. Now I'm back to working, and perhaps you'll have to wait some few weeks until I post something new. Well, I can always post something old. ;) There's lots of stuff you haven't heard yet.

The SLuiCe influence will be even more obvious in the new ones I think. What I admire in his music is his....eh........for lack of a better term.......lemme call it: non linear approach to arranging. I tend to work in blocks of even numbers, cram everything into 4/4 to make it fit my 'pop' style, and make an even number of rounds for a verse for instance (repeat the pattern 4 times and hoorah, let's go the chorus). Tom just goes with the flow. I love that. I used to do that in my band Platypus but forgot about it when I 'went solo'. I also thought it would be very hard to program, but Tom has proven it is possible. So I should quit whining and at least give it a try I guess. Hopefully soon. :)

B.SABBATH: the best song I have ever put up? Ouch, that hurts man! I slammed it on disc in about three hours, didn't use my brain at all and didn't have to practice for it :D LOL For months I've been posting music that took lots of hard work and I've never done anything quicker than this I think. Well, maybe you're right.....it's the eternal question right: does the amount of time you stick into a song relate to the quality of it? And does it all matter?

And.......eh...........Hitlerish!!? You don't know where to stop, do ya? :D ROFL (I understand why you're saying that, but just be very glad my personality isn't Hitlerish! ;) )

Haha just kiddin', thanks B. Means a lot coming from you.

boydrj: thanks. It's not a style dutchies usually do in dutch. We've got loads of english singing metal bands, but almost none in dutch. Weird. Rammstein has proven you can get away with it. :)

"The SLuiCe influence will be even more obvious in the new ones I think."

Sure, okay, but I'm not even talking about a direct influence, one that you can identify or describe. What I'm talking about is just *impact* pure and simple. When you get completely and intensely inside a piece of music, it has an impact, and that impact is bigger if it's somebody else's music you're getting inside.

Like sex I guess, but maybe we ought not to go down that road... :D

Just noticed, when I say 'influence' I usually mean 'inspiration'.

And I like getting inside Tom, yes. ;)

I am offended by the ease in which you imitate metal! :confused:
Pretty damned good for a few hours work. I did hear the megadeth-ish-ness.

Pretty kewl!

Needs more cowbe-- er, drums.... drums!! Power come from drum... did you just sing "another liter of lite blood"?? :confused: nice

This does kinda have the Rammstein/KMFDM thing happ'nin... the bassline IS very Megadeth-like...

Seriously.... do you have to spit a big loagie after singin that? See... here in 'merica, we call that "clearing our throats" ;)

Nice job!! Now, cowboy-up on them drums!! :mad:

:D

C

participant said:
Needs more cowbe-- er, drums.... drums!! Power come from drum... did you just sing "another liter of lite blood"?? :confused: nice

I sing "you owe me something, buddy....half a litre of your own blood"....

Do you mean, more drums as in 'louder drums' or 'different drums?'

Check out my disco tune btw, I'm sure you'll love it P (thread title: let's have some fun)

Pedullist said:
Do you mean, more drums as in 'louder drums' or 'different drums?'

Louder ... and maybe "different", too... that kit sounds more jazz than rock to me... I dunno... maybe you'll disagree... the kick --> more stomp... snare --> less "tap", more "smash"...

Otherwise, very cool... great bassline.

Boy....you Swedish folk sure do tawk dif'rent................ :D

cool jams man....

I would bring the guit down in the mix and the bass up with a slightly sharper attack....
Drums are are too low in the mix man....need big bassy booming drums.....mmmmm.....mega drums.....yup...

later,
Joe

Haha, and they should! They have NO FUNCTION whatsoever LOL

Metalbands should go for the White Stripes setup. Drums, guitar, vocals done.

Back