D.u.i.

lift the vocal a touch and crisp the mids a teeny lift around 3k. The low end could pick up a tad around 110k the music is a touch top heavy. good arrangement

Aiiiiight Homey!..I dug it. I agree with Toki again tho. Also, I would have preferred a musical interlude before you start your last rap just to set the feel of the musical mood, stretch it out for a nice dance track. I thought the tracks were clean. volume of vocal was fine for me. Wouldn't want it any lower in the mix tho...that's for sure.

Nice.

I dig it.

Smooth sound.

Very nice main vocal.

I also think the level of the main vocal is good.
Blends real nice with the music and the music sounds good.

The only thing I would say is perhaps take a little the snare reberb off .... just a little less decay.

And alsso on the background vocal.
The reverb on the backing vox is a little too wet.

Just on the "Crash you (D)ead" .... i think.
The "U" "I" sounds good.
But the trail of verb from the first part extends beyond the U I and it kind of distracts from the main chorus line.

Maybe roll the highs off of the reverb a little so it soaks in, so to speak, as the main chorus vox comes up.

Real nice track.
Keep up the good work.

-mike

Thanks ya'll for the replies. The other forums I go to seem to be lacking in the reply to track reviews. (espescially for those new to the boards). I will tell him what you all thought so that he can take it to the studio and do a few touch-ups. Thanks again and keep the replies coming because we want to get this song on the radio and we need as many comments as possible on how to make improvements to this track.

Hell Yeah! I really liked that one. I just recently started coming back to this board after a long time away, but I have checked out several tracks from others and yours is definitely one of the better ones. Real good, true hip hop feel to it. I can't say it's the type of track the breaks any new ground or whatever, but that's not the point. It feels right for what it is. Look dog, I still have dial up, so I never get the full sound and affect of these tracks, but yours still translated and sounded pleasing to my ears. Pretty good mixing on this one. Keep it up.

buddyC said:
Hell Yeah! I really liked that one. I just recently started coming back to this board after a long time away, but I have checked out several tracks from others and yours is definitely one of the better ones. Real good, true hip hop feel to it. I can't say it's the type of track the breaks any new ground or whatever, but that's not the point. It feels right for what it is. Look dog, I still have dial up, so I never get the full sound and affect of these tracks, but yours still translated and sounded pleasing to my ears. Pretty good mixing on this one. Keep it up.

Thanks. Has anyone here ever made it to the top 50 at Soundclick? How difficult was it for you to get there?

Back