Creative drought, so heres a Beach Boys cover..

Hey guys... glad to see someone is interested in listening to my stuff :-) ... Sorry this post is so old, I deleted the song from the web a while ago..

Here is its new location.....

Enjoy!....

Bassman

great singing and great job. the intro sounded a little musically stiff, but otherwise, one of the better 'copy' jobs....great falsetto;)

Thanks, Yea the beginning could use some more feeling, it was played to a metronome. Song was tracked in about 4 hours(Had to learn it too). We just did it to kill some time. I think the whole project was done in about 10 hours.

My problem isnt recording stuff..its writing it. Would love to put my energy to something original. worked on a couple of songs for a song writer friend of mine. They came out ok, but I am mainly a bassist, so my guitar work isnt real good sometimes. I played all the guitars and drums on this one, but have a drummer friend that is availiable for tracks. Now I need a guitar player too.

I am auditioning for a bass player position with a local cover band this weekend, really hope I get the job. Also hoping they are into writing and recording...

If you want I can post one of the originals I did. let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for listening

nice cover, man!

I really like it.

I'll add some reverb at the beginning, and I'll put the backing vocals a tad higher in some places (like the "french bikinis/uwa-uwa" counterpoint).

Nice ending!
Cheers, Andrés

Bassman, I'm not sure what's going on but I can't seem to get to your tune. I click on the link and keep getting a can't find messege. I'll keep trying.

try this

I know maybe it's obvious, but I just tried to download it and it works.

On Explorer (PC), right click the link and choose "Save Target As..."

Cheers, Andrés

Doh! Found it. Kick ass! I loved the whole thing but the acapella part at the end was just outstanding.:cool:

Mighty Mustang

Alright! You did it again. What a sound. I hope I can sound half that good someday. Now how about that cover of Sloop John B.?
Been waiting on that one a long time.

Gitfiddle

Surfs up

Bassman,

You old beach bum! That was excellent. When the harmonies kicked in I got chills, no kidding.

Excellent recording, also.

Must listen again, and again!!

Great work.

GT

Back