Crawdsd's song over 40 revised

Kjam22--Wow! I almost missed this tonight. I liked the ideas you put in. All were very taseteful and helped to augment the song, while still letting it breathe. Definitely a trick to get the drums in because I did not play to a click or anything. I was thinking that the sidestick could hit on 2 and 4 on the last verse maybe. I liked the guitar fills and the strings too. Very understated, yet adding to the overall feel.

Hearing your production, I felt like I should have repeated the last line once more to kind of wrap the song up. It just ends there---you know?! It needs to ritard with some kind of simple ending too. Amazing what you can figure out when you have some help!:D

Yeah, the MP3 to MP3 did lose something in the transfers, but the ideas are there. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Much appreciated!

Well, I'm very glad you liked it. It is a GREAT song.

First time I did the drums... I had the last verse at 2 and 4... and I re-did it. Maybe should have left it? The main goal was to stay out of the way with everything. (tasteful)

I thought at the time that I would have tagged the last line.

Enjoyed it.

I didn't compress it at all. Didn't re-eq his vocal or anything. I think the difference is taking his mp3.... converting it... adding extra tracks.... and ripping it back to a mp3. My intent was to not change his vocal in anyway... but to just play other instruments around it.

Thanks for listening....

Back