A couple rough demo quality mixes. what the heck.

marshall409

thought id share my soundclick with you guys for the hell of it. just posted a tone test/rough version of my cover of tommy emmanuel's imagine cover. the other one on there is mine and my brother's cover of say it aint so by weezer. me and him played all the guitars and bass into a cheap soundcard through amplitube and guitar rig 2. the drums were done in fruity loops by me. really rough stuff done on regular computer speakers and consumer soundcard crap. any tips pointers criticisms jokes etc. are more than welcome.

My Soundclick

Adam

edit:

listened to the weezer cover a couple of times. the drums are really lost in the mix i think. agree?

Your cover of Tommy Emmanuel's arrangmenent of Imagine has promise. :cool:

marshall409 said:
any tips pointers criticisms jokes etc. are more than welcome.

Arrrg Matey! You have roughly $800 worth of software,and yet your recording on a crap soundcard and speakers? :rolleyes:

Imagine - Very nice playing Adam. You make that guitar talk in places, which is a sure sign of good guitar playing. Few string buzzes but considering it's pretty much a single take, it's quite impressive. The echos were a bit over the top - I might tame those tails just a bit.
Considering your equipment I think it sound pretty good...
You have real talent - keep up the good work.

:) :D :) :D

thank you very much! ya i was thinking the delays were a little too much. there are two different delays, the one on the left being a little under 300 ms and the right one being about 500 ms. anyone else have any opinions?

Adam

Back