a couple of mp3s

I checked out both of them; but the files wouldn't play in Siren. and when I tried WinAmp, they played, but I get the feeling that's not what they should've sounded like.
Do you listen to much KCIA?
First off, for Vamp, a 128Kbps .mp3 file of 3946K didn't show up; a file of 513KB did! The download started, proceeded and ended normally, except that I had to use the "save link as" option, to prevent the whole thing from coming down as a text file.
What size what that supposed to be?

Sorry, but looks like you had trouble with my web server - It's the first day I've had it running. I had six downloads this morning and they all timed out between 40-61 seconds. I've done some reconfiguring, so maybe that won't be a problem again. I did post a link to a mirror in case. To answer your question: The files are supposed to be 3.8 mb and 3.4 mb, and who or what is KCIA? Thanks for taking the time to check them out - oh, and I worked out some really radical drumming to your tune Postal. :)

Liked both of them a lot. The guitars sounded
crisp, the drums worked. The vocals/ lyrics were fine. The horn lines seemed a bit weak
but they were great places to put a small horn fill. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like when you add the bridge... :)
On the recording side of it, you've got a nice hot signal going on. And you captured that acoustic guitar really well.

KCIA is an amazing internet radio station, playing in lo-fi Real Audio. (16Kbps mono)

http://shoko.calarts.edu/~kcia/

Thanks for your comments. Yeah, the horns... well, when I burned a test mix for CD, they were a little hot - I cut them back slightly. I wonder if the conversion to mp3 may have hurt them a little as well?

Just listened to VAMP. Sounds GREAT! I especially like the raw sounding vocals. Intentional or not, I think they mix great with the very clear guitar and drums.

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks for the comments. I liked the vocal sound as well (except the places where I went a little flat.) :) I tend to mix 2 or 3 tracks wider in the stereo field and the others closer to center - the vocals and drums were the wide tracks in this tune. I think it gives greater impact. I'm just a hack, I don't follow any real method of doing this stuff. :) Thanks again.

Back