Comments appreciated.........I hope.

ausrock said:
Actually, if you go to the thread link in my first post here, you will find that you did listen to that previous track
Man, senility is a bitch. lol. Regardless of what I may or may not remember, this is great. Sorry about that.

Nice song, nice feel. I really like your voice.

I agree with what everyone else said about the vocals being out front a bit much. The one thing I might caution is that during the chorus there's an extra guitar part. When that part kicks in, it's pretty loud and the vocals sit well. So if you turn them down you need to be careful not to bury them in the chorus.

A suggestion might be to double track the vocals in the chorus. It will make them sound fuller and would probably be a cool sounding effect on its own.

How about harmonies in the chorus?

I'm listening on cheap headphones, so this is sort of a guess. But it sounds to me like there is not enough low end to the song. The instruments all sound a little weak - kind of lacking that low end. Kind of a weird snare sound.

I'm focusing a bit too much on the negatives, it's a good piece of work. Hope I can make it better.

Hey sir,

From a loose glance at this thread, a lot of things have been addressed, so take these thoughts as you will:)

I loved the intro with the harmonics and the pulse/almost durge bass thing (cool shit:cool: )

I kinda wanted more crunch and punch and impact on the dynamc changes to the hard sections. I thought the vox sat ok in the softer sections but lost some presence and push in the hard parts. I'd push up the back vox for sure and maybe try and make the vox sit more upright in the hard parts.

I don't claim any knowlege on drums but, I thought the kick and snare could come up and be known.

Great song dude!!

On a pure production note: how about repeating that bass pulse/durge thang (that first appeared around :26) for the outro as well?

Again,

Well written, tracked and mixed song.

Peace and humility,
Theron.

Remix is done........well there have been 3 or 4 done, but won't be posted till tomorrow. It's 2.45 am and I'm bloody tired.

I guess the remix will get as many varying opinions as the current mix, but not to worry:) .

Cya's later.

:cool:

The acoustic guitars are very high-end heavy. They lack some warmth (I'm no expert on mixing acoustic guitars, so you might want to forget my comment on this :D ). There's some problems with drum mixing, but as you said, it's already been discussed so I won't say anything :D

The melodies are good. I like the distortion guitar attack-thingies. I imagine this would do well on radio, but what do I know. Of course you'd have to polish the mix a bit. At least the drums. I still enjoy the hooks and the overall feel of the song.

Update;

I'm sitting on the remixes due to some issues needing to be resolved in the band...............e.g: a drummer and bassplayer who whilst professing their belief in this band and the material, aren't committed enough to give up some time from their covers bands so that gigs can be booked and this material showcased.

These two guys seem to expect success to come up and tap them on the shoulder without making any effort.

ausrock said:
Update;

I'm sitting on the remixes due to some issues needing to be resolved in the band...
Sorry to hear that...but is your gear being held hostage by one or both of them? lol.

I find that nothing brings a band together like a kickass demo, :D :D

Good luck.

Bummer.

Been there, dealt with that.

It's tough when you have band members who depend on cover gigs to make a living. People get locked into where/what they're playing because they have to, not want to. Then they get jaded. The creative members then get insulted because the others are"not into it".

Good luck!:)

Chris,

My gear is MY gear.

Unfortunately, in this case, I doubt that anything will change the resolve of my son (lead) and the singer/songwriter to "rectify" this issue......probably later today.

There is going to be one bruised ego in particular:) , and what makes it more difficult, is that my son and the bass player have played in bands together for over four years and I see that friendship being sorely tested.

M.B.

Both these guys have day jobs, so their cover band income is the cream on top..................it's more a case of them being afraid to leave their respective comfort zones.

Problems resolved as predicted.

I imagine there will ultimately be all new recordings some time in the future, although we may submit one of the existing "works" for the HR comp CD.

Thanks again to those who took time to listen and pass comment.

ChrisO :cool:

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

Back