Comment & Rate My Music

cpmusick

Audio Engineer InProgress
I'm finally ready to show others my music and what I have been creating. However, I'm not in a band or anything. I do everything myself. All drums (done with computer software), guitar playing, bass guitar, vocals, mixing, effects, lyric writing, and everything else I did completely by myself.

You can check out my music by going to my website:

http://www.musickstables.com/cpmusick/ingenious_mastermind/songs.html

Or if you're a lazy bastard like me, I'll post direct links and song descriptions right here in the post as well:

Song 5: "My Last Request" (DOWNLOAD)

This is my 5th and most recent recording, and is by far my favorite song that I have created so far. This is a song about slipping into a horrible life due to extreme loneliness. Towards the end of the song, one last request is made that is aimed at putting an end to that miserable life. Thanks to the under-tuned dark sounding guitar, mixed with another higher guitar riff style, it really adds seriousness to the song. And with the forceful drum beat rhythm, it adds even more "power" to the song, making it a very powerful, yet emotional song.

Song 4: "Rythmic Blend" (DOWNLOAD)

This is the 4th song that I recorded. This is an instrumental song, so there are no vocals. However, it needs no vocals. I originally intended on creating lyrics and recording them, but I decided that it would be a better song if I left it as an instrumental one. Complete with a sorta hip-hop-ish drum beat, a catchy guitar riff, an array of background orchestra strings, and a great bass line, it all comes together and creates some solid sounding music.

Song 3: "Eternal Resting Peace" (DOWNLOAD)

Here's my 3rd recording. This one's about the after life, and explains the pain of death through a sophisticated point of view. As for the chorus, it aims to help the dead to free themselves from pain and agony, to release themselves into eternal freedom while not dreading on the fact that they are no longer living. Their is not one single meaning to this song. It means whatever you see through your own point of view.

Song 2: "Your Sign of Incite" (DOWNLOAD)

This is the 2nd song I recorded. This song was made to help out the band System of a Down with their fight for the Armenian Genocide recognition by the government. It aims to encourage other SOAD fans to do what they can and help them out with accomplishing their goal. I also created it to have kind of a soft System of a Down style, but not too much.

Song 1: "A Moment of Decision" (DOWNLOAD)

This is the first song that I had ever created and recorded. This song was originally a poem I wrote, that I decided I wanted to change into a song. It's about someone looking for his lost girl, who is about to put herself out of her misery, but then he helps her realize their love for one another and convinces her to make the right decision. This is no mere love song though, as it contains a solid electric distortion, and bold vocals, as well as an edgy drum beat, which creates its deep yet solid and forceful sound.

By the way, Ingenious Mastermind is the name I have given to the musician part of me. If you want, download and listen to my music and let me know what you think. Please post comments about it too. :)

Last edited:
Last Request - good mix - especially like the drums you have here, kick especially.

Find the under-tuned guitar a bit rough to take - somewhat distracting. I'm not sure it's having the effect you wanted.

The vocals remind me of rock theatre out of the 70's maybe....

The vocals are not right on pitch which is not normally a big issue with me. I'm no Josh Groban myself. But with the accompanying instrument playing the same melody line it makes it more noticeable at times.

Sounds like you've put a lot of time on this tune, it's intense with several layers of creativite playing and writing....

Other than a few nits it's a good tune.....

I normally dont like stuff this ruff-but you;ve maanged to get a really
ancient sound with the guitars-outta tune-and the vocals have a
gothic-operatic vibe.

I think youve got style & talent !--I'm wondering if you should work on the production a bit-the drums dont sit in there too well.

Ill be back to hear.

good work

Thanks for the comment and suggestions, I am taking them into consideration.

I have redone the bassline for "My Last Request", and now it sounds much better. I've also tweaked a few other minor things, such as volume levels, reverb amount, and a few other little things. (Use the same link if you want to redownload it). I'll probably continue to tweak it until it gets exactly how I want it.

Back