Civil War tune by Joro, DavidK backs up

Nothing wrong with the servers, but the lines between the data server and the main server seems to be screwed again.

I had a 20 minute outage a couple days ago due to the same thing, seems the major communication company up here is having issues with their routers.

I'm calling them now to attempt to get information as to when it will be fixed.

W.

This is a cool song in general....the fiddle only makes it MORE cool.

The fiddle does a fine job in the middle bit as well.

Somehow this song sounds really authentic to me.....I feel like I want to hear it on some old record player;)

heylow

you know I bought myself a violin three weeks ago. I can rip guitar but this thing is totally different ball game. Im a total hack on it but I just can't put it down. I fuck'n love em. I work out the parts on guitar and find the notes on the violin and sounds ok. Its taking me a while to get use to the tuning -G D A E- which is easy for an Aussie like me to remember caus it sounds like g'day. Totally hooked on them and I'm definatelly getting a cello.
Oops back to the song. Sounded good. I envy your violin talent. I can now apreciate what it takes now. Awsome recording too mate. Liked it all. well done. Now get some cello in there. Please.

Scott

Hmmm

Coleman.jpg

Very cool. I liked all thouse instruments sounded great together.
Only thing the vocal gets some kind of piercing quality to it. It soft and then all of a sudden it like percing throug. Realy like the sound of real instruments.

Wonder how/what guitar was recorded/processed?

Fed said:
Very cool. Wonder how/what guitar was recorded/processed?

Vintage Martin 000-18....DBX microphone....Roland VS 8 track...all instruments...Banjo, Guitar, mandolin and all vox.. except Davids fiddle..

Pretty cool huh?:D

Damn boys, ya'lls be some fine pickers. This shit reminds me of, well, uh, let's see, hold on, uh, yeah, that's the ticket. The Spencer Hill Band.

DavidK, joro, and Willy. Don't be taking this song off here. Or if'in you do put the new one on. This is some damn fine stuff boys. You know ya'll be doing this stuff like ya'll do, what if everyone was together playing. Man, we could stand the sounds ya'll be laying down. Keep that up and I might get to liken you fellows.

dtb

very cool joro,
I got to get me mohagony or rosewood guitar. I think I have a good tone on my Taylor 615 (maple) but not the tone you got. That nice separation and defenition in high end is realy cool

cheers

You stepped perfectly into a perfect song of the genre. Nice Playing and nice rendition of the song. @ weeks ago I spent a weekend at a street fair filled and dedicated to the folk and bluegrass of old. It did my heart some good and so did this collab.

Thanks for sharing,

Theron.

very cool indeed! The part at 2:00ish was quite nice.. it would have been cool if that part went even longer..

cool collaboration..:cool:

very classy...

I'm floored! I heard this tune before Dave did the violin parts and liked it then but it's at a hole different level now. The mandolin leads are soooo sweet. This one is going on a disc I've been making of my favs from this board. Very, very nice. :cool:

Hey, thanks everybody! I like this tune, I think Joe and Willy did a really great Job. It was a learning experience for me, because I tend to play millions of notes being a classical Geek, but when I heard the first take we did, it ended up like a violin concerto. It sounds much better when I just lay low and let the pluckers pluck.

Very awesome to make music with people who you have never met, god bless the net.

I just wanna say

Thanks to David:D
Ya sure play a mean fiddle Mr.K...ya know?:D

Thanks for all the props from youse guys too:D
Final Mix is yet to come guys...
Joe (aka joro)

Back