Chrisharris Cover, Thrashed by Me

man... i am blown away...

freaking awesome... the funny part is ive not yet heard a chrisharris version of a chrisharris song!! but god damn if the two chrisharris covers on this board tonight arent two of the best songs ive heard in a while....

how awesome.. i want to do a chris harris cover!! where on the web can i find some chrisharris music so i pick one to cover?

really looking forward to hearing more of chris harris' well writen songs.. this is great stuff!!

crawdad... awesome voice and guitars.. you sound like bob seger.. but better than bob seger(imho) and some really tasty phrasing on all of the guitar parts...

i love this board!

-alex

Just downloaded the 192 KBit/s version.This is a killer piece of work crawdad.I didnt ask the first time I listened but what are you using for drums on this tune?Real?Whatever you used they sound good.

YES Tjohnston,I said the drums sound GOOD on this tune.(tjohnston is one of the clnics biggest supporters)

If you already adressed this I apologize.LOL...I'll run through the thread real quick to see.

bump

Went through last months mp3s. This one goes into the 'best of' folder. Puts the hair up. Makes me feel big. LOL

Damn, I thought I had been here before :) Was like the Twilight Zone there for a minute. Anyways I got that buzz jus like the last time I listened. Should we marry? :)

If you's guys marry, can me and Lt. Bob play in the wedding band? :D

Kramer--those are the Sonic Implants Large Ambient drums triggered in Battery--except for the snare, which was a Battery snare.

"If you's guys marry, can me and Lt. Bob play in the wedding band?"

Why? Are you guys married too?

Crawdad:

I have gotten together with Rats and RWHITE, and we have got to get together. Not because I have anything to offer you musically, but would like to hang out & learn from you.

This is a flat-out great tune. I thank Chris Harris for that, as this is an extremely well-written piece of work.
And I have not heard all the covers everyone is doing of each other's tunes here, but I will guess this has got be one of the best of them.

The slide work is devastating. Very southern vibe to it.

I think your vocals are excellent, kind of a Bob Seger/Greg Allman mix that really sounds awesome.

I'll have to go back and give this a few hundred more listens to hear the rest of the instumentation, as I couldn't get past the power of the guitar playing and the vocals.

And to Chris Harris...Beautifully written song. You have a gift there, my friend.

Perfect...Just perfect.

Marry me.

VI
:D

dobro said:
"If you's guys marry, can me and Lt. Bob play in the wedding band?"

Why? Are you guys married too?

Well, we wanted to marry, but our wives said it was not a good idea--you know, bigamy is illegal and all!:D But we'd settle for the wedding band!

Hey Villiage Idiot--since we all live in the same town, basically, we should get together. Maybe some Sunday nite at Mephis Smoke or something?

Thanks for the comments on the tune--and--yeah--Chris Harris is a writin' fool. I always dug this tune--couldn't resist it.

Back