Cheers guys... my first song posted in the clinic.

WOW!Mr. Argo!I had no idea...What category is this in?I hear lots of styles here.Good song structure and the chorus/hook is memorable.Vox a little hard to hear in the beginning.Overall mix isn't bad,some compression maybe...whoops it's been suggested already.Mint harmonies,using auto-tune?Anyway...fantastic effort.Give me more.

James Argo said:
...I'll finish it in couple weeks. A lot of things has to be done by now... you know... deadline... I'll post it as soon as possible...;)

Can't wait til you finish it, James. Grab your violin and dimidify it, man! (and this is coming from a profound autotuner hater! You managed to make it 'acceptable' for me)

well...I guess after your 1900 posts you're allowed to post in the clinic!:D :eek:

pretty neat synthy stuff. I like this kind of stuff. The bg vocals seem like the are pushing it a bit, both in volume and edging on distortion. the lead vocals are a little reverby too, and a little on the 'hot' side also.

I find that the ear candy stuff comes thru fine, has a nice space to it, but the vocals just crowd everything out and leave no space for the music to back them up.
Can't make out the lyrics...hardly at all if that is important. or is it another language:confused:
the HH in the breaks is pretty quantized and midi sounding too.
You DO score high marks for originality and something that might trancend fads and time eras....but maybe not.. ask me in another 25 years!

First off, its got a good hot level! Interesting texture and a good hooky melody. My only problem, and maybe its just me, but I couldn't understand a single word of the lyrics. I don't know if its due to level, panning or effects used--or a combination of all three. Anyway, thats my only criticism. Otherwise, the mix is sounding right to me. Reminds me of the Yardbirds for some reason. I think because it has its own musical identity to it, which is a good thing.

crawdad said:
My only problem, and maybe its just me, but I couldn't understand a single word of the lyrics. I don't know if its due to level, panning or effects used--or a combination of all three. Anyway, thats my only criticism. .

It could be his accent.:D

James is Idonesian....I must have a little indonesian in me because I can actually understand the lyrics.:D

Yeah, Don't Die Clementine is being pronounced
"Dun Die Clementeen" :D

I actually think it's part of the attraction of the song.

Sydfan
Thanks dude... It's only two chords song... well.. I'm on my way listening to your tunes... :)

B.SABBATH
Heh heh heh... I did all the vox parts. You know what.. NO AUTO TUNE... All sung pretty straight. Sometimes I make sound like female... you know... falseto thingee... not bad..
I guess this one is loud enough (...Too loud !!
:eek: ). You'll see it's not mastered well... :D

Noodlehoss
You got the vibe. I was thinkin' Celtic & Irish... glad you mentioned it...

W.I.S.C.
I dunno either what's the name for this category.. well... name it yourself... :D Compression on track will be done after re-trackin'...

Pedullist
Naah, man... no Autotune :p I just finished one of the song with my violin. I'm uploading it...

mixmkr
...:eek: mixmkr in my thread...:eek: reviewing my song ? That's an honour... I'm flattered :o Thank's for the comment mixmkr, all you mentioned about the mix is right.. too reverbish, mud with digital delay. I'll take another shoot...

crawdad
Heh heh heh... Indonesian spelling is one of the clearest in the world. You say what you read... Plain and clear... :D I need to practise my english pronounce... :p or I shoulda be instrumentalist...

kramer
Yes... you're right priest... It's not easy being Indonesian... :(

dachay2tnr
Don't dun' done' down... it's part of the attraction of the song... :D

Thank's everybody... I realy appreciate that... :) I'll see what I got for next post...

James Argo said:
kramer
Yes... you're right priest... It's not easy being Indonesian...

What?!Im not a priest.:eek:

Is that some kind of inside indonesian joke?:D

Not what i was expecting at all!!!!!!! DAMN THIS IS A LOUD MIX!!!
WOW!!!!!! Very creative, lot's of stuff happening, and i can hear al the parts clearly. GOOD JOB!!

Very cool man!!
thank's

Peace

Rick

Actualy, I got a new song ready to post... But my stupid ISP always block the browser upload. Limit the size to 1MB. Couldn't get it to NWR. Damn... I got dual connection (LAN & Dial Up, different ISPs) but none of them work when I need it the most... Should I nuke 'em ? This one is good (...I Think ;)) Violin & Orchestra stuff... :)

Wow James, finally we have something in common. I can't upload to NWR either :( . Blocked by ISP. And I love violin, but I can't play :D I heard alot Mr DavidK songs. He is one of the master IMHO. Can't wait for your songs, both of you.

very catchy tune!

And I'm speaking from experience here... I listened to this last week before leaving for vacation. Well, guess what was going through my head non-stop at the beach, by the pool, out to dinner, etc....?? YOUR SONG on endless loop!! :mad: ;)

I don't know what the words of the verse are, but the melody stuck with me into the pre-chorus "Dun die Clementeena". Anyway, just wanted to commend you on a good, catchy tune - almost TOO catchy. :p ;)

I'm taking another listen to see if I can at least put some words to the verse melodies so that my inner playbacks are a little bit more enjoyable. :D

Again, good stuff.
-Jeff

Well done James!

As far as genre goes, it sounds more like world beat to me, or whatever genre Enya is in. I like Enya, so that's a compliment.

Back