Cheers guys... my first song posted in the clinic.

very impressive james. I like the samples your using. There`s a lot of depth in the mix yet there is sufficient clarity between the instruments to allow the space to peek thru.
I learned quite a bit here from this piece since I use sound fonts myself.

Hey James,
....very cool tune man. When it started it kinda felt like Depeche....... but then it became something alltogether different. The verb on some of the synth parts and some of the vocals sounded a touch rich to me. I think that might add to that Hot sound that someone mentioned. .......just a thought.

Very creative stuff man. ......Im gonna read back in this thread to see if you mention what the hell youre saying in that chorus:D
very cool, G

The first thought that came to me was "trippy"....lol... guess I'm not the only one.... I like it, it sounds kinda tribal, reminds me a bit of Australia for some reason... I wont comment on the technical stuff since I'm not qualified, but as far as the music goes, I think you did a good job...
Just a thought, maybe some didjeriedo(sp) morphing into a blazing lead guitar solo?....LOL...J/K

trippy stuff dude....:):)

OH MY GAWD, JAMES! I just looove the feeling in the song! :) :) :) :)

Let's hear more!!!

And opposed to Dachay, I LIKE you because your are young and thing :D

very cool intro...very depeche mode feel to it with a bit of african tribal put in for good measure :)

the effects ur using on the vocals (echo + octave) is really cool.

the synth parts are also really nice. overall very nice!

cheers!
kb

Kelly5150 said:
I like it, it sounds kinda tribal, reminds me a bit of Australia for some reason...

Well, as one of the two regular posting Aussies around here I have to say it doesn't sound at all Australian to me :D

The feeling I got fom it was European, possibly Hellenic or maybe Espanol. Am I close James?

Just a thought, maybe some didjeriedo(sp) morphing into a blazing lead guitar solo?

Didgeridoo, or Didge as it's colloquially refered to. The problem with the Didge is that it's almost a single note instrument. It's very difficult to play (not that I've even tried) because it requires circular breathing (blowing out through your mouth and breathing in through your nose at the same time).

And the closest I would ever come to playing a blazing guitar solo would be if I set fire to my guitar :)

But your point is well made Kelly5150.

OK James, Don't Die Clementine, it's not my preferred genre of music, but it's very well constructed and well played. I am envious of your singing, my vocal range is about the same as a Didgeridoo;) The intro bass guitar sounds to me almost Japanese for some reason. I like the hypnotic effect of the drums and the vocal refrain. They both work very well.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear this played on FM radio. I must say though that it gets very busy towards the end.

Very nice ending and thoroughly in keeping with the rest of the song.

A great effort James, you should be justifiably proud.

--
BluesMeister

Hey, James.

Not usually my kind of music either, but I really liked it! Really nice sound. I dig the delay on the pre-chorus(?) vocals and the cool harmonies on the vocals. That octave effect on the 2nd verse is truly bitchin!! Since I know you're a fellow Cakey and I'm really new at this, I would be really curious to find out what your setup was and how you used Cakewalk for this tune (where did the sounds/effects come from?). Also, I'd love to know about how much time that took you. Anyway, if I can get something to sound half as good as that out of my Cakewalk, I will be totally pumped!

Thanks for sharing that, James. Very cool. :cool:
-Jeff

:eek:
GEE !!! I couldn't believe it... just off for a day, and found so many positive reply !!! I'm touched soooo much... soooo much... Thank you all... thank you... I love you all guys... smack smack smack... :p

Here's what I did so far... Usualy I made complicated song, but one day, I tried to make a song constructed by only two chords. That's what I got. :) Like I mentioned before, it wasn't complete song. I'm still working on it in spare time. I mean, this song is so special to me. Kinda like my personal little baby. It's requime for my ex girl who died in 1999.
For technical info, I sequence the MIDI with Cakewalk Pro 3, and it's all imported to SONAR 2 XL to do audio(with editing here and there in Cool Edit Pro 2 ;) ) . My synth are Korg N364, Korg O5R/W, and several soundfonts. The delay on vox was DSound BPM Double delay. Very good DirX plugins !!! Tracks insert compression using Waves C1, reverb using Waves True Verb. and "mastered" :rolleyes: in Cool Edit Pro 2 using Waves L1 Ultramaximizer. I didn't make much tweakin' on each plugins. In most case, I just picked the presets, and voila... I knew I should spend more time to make it better, Cave has to be responsible for this :mad: I'll be workin' on it again, and when it's done I'll post it here...

THANK YOU GUYS !!!!

...ahh I couldn't say anymore... I'm touched...:o

A real polished sound. I'm not a big synth-pop guy, but I thought this was pretty well done. Catchy tune in the chorus and real tight harmonies.

Maybe a little heavy with the reverb on the vocals? Probably a personal preference thing, but I thought the thick verb made things a little tough to understand.

Good one.

...Oh, you're right. The reverb is too much. Specialy when it blend with BPM delay... I should turn it drier. And FYI, I'm not into electro pop synth either that much. I prefer Fancy Rock N' Roll... Balad & struming acoustic guitar with honky tonk piano here and there, Boogie woogie, bluesy rock, country etc. But what can I say... I do alot of many different genre. Even new age & world music... I did many soundtrack for local cine... well... I guess I'll try post my "other genre" next time. Thank's. ;)

Hey man,
This is really cool..........
On my 20th listen.........

Reminds me of the music I hear in the Irish pubs which cater to the young Euro's (Irish) in South Boston.............

Kickin' :D

A guit would be cool but I gotta tell ya......this sounds "club - mix" ready to me man........

Very cool.....
Rock on..
Joe

Wow James...nicely done. That sounds really good.

Nothing more to add. Can't wait until it's done. This may end up in the keepers folder when you finish it (it ain't bad now either). Not a style I would ususally listen to, but there is something very catchy about this. Hurry up an finish it, k? :D

I really enjoyed this song. It gave me an American Indian feel. Or strangely enough for all it's synth samples had a touch of the medieval. It is certainly a keeper for my collection even if it is, as you say, unfinished. Great job, post some more!

...I'll finish it in couple weeks. A lot of things has to be done by now... you know... deadline... I'll post it as soon as possible...;)

Hey JAYMZEE

I originally downloaded this last night, but I didn't wanna' reply b/c I had a ripping migraine that was coloring things.

I haven't read the thread yet, so here are my uncolored thoughts.

1. This is damned good.
2. This is not the kind of mix I have ever attempted to go for, but I can recognize the work that went into it.
3. If it were any other kind of music, I'd say it has too much bass, but I hit the "LOUDNESS" button on the gear, and nothing's distorting...it's just a bass heavy mix b/c it's supposed to be.
4. Love the autotune on the backups; or whatever you used to give them that phasey sound....some hate it, I love it.

Okay, I know an avatar is a stupid way to judge people, but from your avatar, I NEVER would have guessed that this tune came from the guy with your avatar, lol.

Maybe it's got mix issues that I just can't hear at present, but I think it sounds (please see #1).

Buh-bye

Thanks guys...
Track rat, I appriciated that alot. I'm still newbie actually :o .

Chriss, I still got your CCR covers "Have you ever seen the rain". Well, that represents my actual kind of music genre. Simple, -strumed acoustic guitar based- songs. Ballads, Bluesy rock, and fancy Rock N' Roll... But I do alot of genres beside those... umh... well... Nice tune !

;)

Wow! It reminds me a bit of Gabriel. Nice 80's english vibe. Really nice production! I've been wanting to write something like this, but I just don't know how. Man...this is really cool. Top notch man.

cool song... not what I expected at all.. I recognize that bass sound! :)

What are you saying in the background vocals? Who's doing the high parts? I guess I should read the other replies..

good stuff!

For some reason this reminds me of a Christmas song..

maybe try some compression to get a louder mix!! :)

nice job d00d!

Very cool man. It has a great pulse to it - pretty hypnotic. After knowing the story behind the song, it's a really moving piece. I too can feel an almost Celtic vibe in there... kind of like it has a bodran (irish drum) driving it along. I liked the vocal work too.
Post more!

...this is a great thing - sharing music and techniques like this. I'm still pretty new to it. I imagine that there are many possibilities for collaboration, exchanging files and adding tracks, with people all over the world. Woah! :eek:

Back