Check out this mix, please!

inmyheartx

This is a song I posted a while ago of my band. It's a song we put on our demo.

I remixed the drums and bass, took out the vocals, and re-recorded the guitars with my new amp. Before I recorded with a solid state head, and I didn't really like the way it came out, and I just recently bought a 5150, so I re-recorded with my 5150 just for fun. =]

Click here

I didn't know that lightningmp3 cut the quality of your song down, hah. I just realized this while listening to it. Hmph. Oh well.

Drums:

Kick - AKG D112
Snare - SM57
Toms - Audix F10's
Overheads - Matched Rode NT5's

Guitars:

5150 Head (2 slightly different settings for L / R)
Crate Cab
dbx 266 XL Compressor / Gate

Used a Sennheiser e609. Also re-recorded so I could try out the mic, I definitely like it.

Bass:

Ran direct with a shitty Fender bass. The bass tone lacks a lot, but I dealt with what I had, haha.

If anyone likes punk / hardcore, check out the song. It was one of my favorites that we recorded. =]

Also, if you want to hear the original mix, and the vocals, you can listen to the song at our myspace. Let me know what you think, I love constructive criticism, good or bad! Also, don't mind the timing on the song. It's off in the beginning a little and it may be towards the end to, haha. =]

Take care,
Adam.

Kick is too clicky. Not much depth to the kick. Try cutting some hi end and mae boosting the lo a tad around 50-100.
The mix as a whole sounds a bit thin to me Could do with more lo end on the guitar maybe or play about with the bass and kick for a heavier lo end.

Not bad at all though.

Eck

ecktronic said:
Kick is too clicky. Not much depth to the kick. Try cutting some hi end and mae boosting the lo a tad around 50-100.
The mix as a whole sounds a bit thin to me Could do with more lo end on the guitar maybe or play about with the bass and kick for a heavier lo end.

Not bad at all though.

Eck

what he said :D

all the mix seems to be lacking is some low end.

cool song btw, good playing too.

it's brutal and short.

Drums need to come up, particularly the snare. Hmm at 1.00, they suddenly come right. Whatever you did there, do it from the start

Back