Chalk and Cheese!

mysticjim

No, thats not the title of the song, its to indicate that these two mixes I've done couldn't be more difficult in style and production.

Anyways, again, after a delay, I return with the latest bits of stuff I've been working on for your critical feedback.

First off, some irish folk! A bit of a first for me, not my usual territory. I've recorded and am in the process of mixing a full length album for this chappie -

http://www.myspace.com/burnspete

And no, its not the same transvestite Pete Burns of 80's Dead or Alive fame, he definately doesn't spin you right round like a record!

Anyway, here is one of his tracks from said forthcoming album. Its a weird one to mix, the first half of the song sounds a bit disjointed to my ears, yet it seems to all come together and I think it sounds great by the end. If you're into this kind of thing!

And now for something completely different!

This is a slice of, well, light rock/pop I guess. Tried a few new techniques on this, and yes I do think the vocals need to be higher. And yes, the whole vocal is double tracked, the singer insisted.

Be interested to hear your opinions on the songs, the artists and of course, the production.

Hope you like them.

Jim

I would pull down guitar low-mids on "Rosie", as they mud with bass, and make vocals a little louder (expecially main vocal, backings are ok more or less). Nice tune.

I find drums too loud on "Get up" - kick is absolutely invasive - and guitar brightness fighting with vocals. As you said, vocals level has to be adjusted, expecially at the beginning of the song.. seems like you have a diesel singer there, needs to warm up ;)

Back