Can you help me mix this new song?

hey, nice to see another song from you, Nola!

I liked the song and I thought the title was hilarious. But in a good way.

Nice lo-fi vibe mix!

hey, nice to see another song from you, Nola!

I liked the song and I thought the title was hilarious. But in a good way.

Nice lo-fi vibe mix!

thanks cmolena do you think it's too perverted? do you think the guitar is too squeaky? i don't know how to fix that squeaky noise and it kind of bugs me.

i kind of want the guitar to not be so squeaky but i stink at playing it. is that normal for it to be so squeaky or am i just too slow to move around? is there anything i can do to make it less squeaky and is there other stuff wrong with the mix too?

https://soundcloud.com/nolanso1/genital-warts

No, it's not normal. It's playing technique. You "fix" it when you get better at playing guitar and don't make it in the first place.

The mix is a bit bassy. And, you know, there is a cure... :eek:

thanks for being brutally honest about my awful song, armistace. how do i avoid the squeak, though? do i lift my fingers between chords so it doesn't happen? i was lazy and just didn't feel like lifting them so i slide them around in the same position. is that what's wrong was i supposed to life them up?

de-ess those vocals that caught my ear real hard at 1:11. The guitar squeeks are all good, gives character to a certain point, if you dislike it so much you can automate an eq that cuts the squeek when it happens. Fine mix otherwise.

thanks for being brutally honest about my awful song, armistace. how do i avoid the squeak, though? do i lift my fingers between chords so it doesn't happen? i was lazy and just didn't feel like lifting them so i slide them around in the same position. is that what's wrong was i supposed to life them up?

Mate that wasn't being brutally honest, it was just being honest. You get better at it with practice. If you can't get rid of it with practice then how's your guitar set up? Are the strings too high perhaps?

And the cure I was referring to was for genital warts, not your song, but a man with sense of humour enough to write such a song knows that, right?

i was lazy and just didn't feel like lifting them so i slide them around in the same position.

Really? You didn't feel like lifting your hands? How do you eat?

This statement is just sad. Please go and try to get better at your instrument. You don't have to be great, just better. If you take the time to write, record and mix, why not just put in a little more effort, lift your hands and play?

Heart breaking.

Mate that wasn't being brutally honest, it was just being honest. You get better at it with practice. If you can't get rid of it with practice then how's your guitar set up? Are the strings too high perhaps?

And the cure I was referring to was for genital warts, not your song, but a man with sense of humour enough to write such a song knows that, right?

oh thanks armistice. i need a cure for both so it's good to know i can fix the guitar and the other thing, too.

my guitar is setup so high. it is a piece of crap that was like $50, and i brought it to the shop and the guy said "you can't play this it's only good for slide guitar." my fingers get huge dents in them from pushing the frets. does this cause the squeaks?

why not just put in a little more effort, lift your hands and play?

i dunno i think it's two reasons though probably depression but also on this guitar once you lift your fingers it's hard to get them back down since the string is like an inch off the frets, so i just keep them down. do you think it causes squeaking? it sounds like there's a mouse in my guitar it kind of drives me nuts.

i dunno i think it's two reasons though probably depression but also on this guitar once you lift your fingers it's hard to get them back down since the string is like an inch off the frets, so i just keep them down. do you think it causes squeaking? it sounds like there's a mouse in my guitar it kind of drives me nuts.

Maybe the guitar needs some setting up. Find a luthier (guitar tech) see how much to get the guitar to play better.

Maybe the guitar needs some setting up. Find a luthier (guitar tech) see how much to get the guitar to play better.

i think you're right i tried to do that like a year ago, and the guitar guy said the guitar was only worth $50 and it would cost like $100 for him to get it to play better, so he said it wasn't worth it and i should just buy a new guitar. he said this guitar is only good to play slide on because the strings are so high. i guess i need to save up for a new guitar to get rid of the squeaking. darn.

i think you're right i tried to do that like a year ago, and the guitar guy said the guitar was only worth $50 and it would cost like $100 for him to get it to play better, so he said it wasn't worth it and i should just buy a new guitar. he said this guitar is only good to play slide on because the strings are so high. i guess i need to save up for a new guitar to get rid of the squeaking. darn.

Craigs list, E-Bay, go used if funds are a problem, just try it out first.

Depending on what guitar usually that isn't horrible complicated. You just sand down the the saddle (one luthier suggested sanding the nut too on a certain guitar I had so you may need both). If you're the DIY type here is a link

How to lower the action on acoustic guitar explained easy | Stuart Briggs

If you're not, the guys above are correct. Take it to a professional and let him handle it or you could replace the guitar if you don't think it's worth the cost. String squeak is usually just technique, and it sounds like right now the guitar is difficult to play so your technique is sloppy.

For the record though it depends on the player, some people love the squeak, some hate it. All personal preference (like everything in the recording world). Hope that helps

Depending on what guitar usually that isn't horrible complicated. You just sand down the the saddle (one luthier suggested sanding the nut too on a certain guitar I had so you may need both). If you're the DIY type here is a link

How to lower the action on acoustic guitar explained easy | Stuart Briggs

If you're not, the guys above are correct. Take it to a professional and let him handle it or you could replace the guitar if you don't think it's worth the cost. String squeak is usually just technique, and it sounds like right now the guitar is difficult to play so your technique is sloppy.

For the record though it depends on the player, some people love the squeak, some hate it. All personal preference (like everything in the recording world). Hope that helps

thanks polarity

i shaved the nut and saddle. i hope i didn't mess up the guitar.

Back