Can You Get Freeware VST To Sound Like A Swingin' Horn Band? A ribbon mic helps....

jjinvegas

Heck with freeware, can you get any software to sound real on certain things. No cinch, this track I used an old trick, I put the horns full-range through a monitor and mic'ed them with this ribbon mic I picked up. It did make a big difference. Sort of like re-amping. No vocal, just me one-passing on everything except the horn arrangement, almost everything I record is first take, I like my mistakes.....JJ

Attachments

• Grip It and Sip It---JJ Johnson and.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
great playing. I dig the jazzy big band guitar sound. great arrangement and programing too.

In my opinion the horns still don't sound real at all. They are very synth sounding.
sorry

nice playing - told you your stuff was jazzy, you disagreed. i didn't say "jazz", i said "jazz-y"! i am not experienced enough with the horn section to call it out if i heard this playing somewhere, but if someone told me one instrument was simulated, i would get it. who's playing on this one, all you?

Real cool tune. Great playing. On the horns, at times they sound good, at others they do sound a little on the fake side. I think the common joe may not notice though if that helps lol

Back