....bought a new strat and cooked up a little somethin'...

mcmd

It's been years since I have played a strat, and so I finally bought a new MIA.
My old '74 SG Les Paul custom has been a faithful companion, but it badly needs a refrett, and so I raised the action a tad, and spent the $ash on a sunburst/rosewood/hardtail!

Layed this short track down the morning, in less than an hour. Everything is improvised....just chased the kids into another room, and stole an hour.

Critique away...I was having a blast!

Dara

link;
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1944&alid=-1

I'm guessing "Strat_1" is the file? Sounds like you had some fun... wicked leads there... nice jazzy backdrop, too.

Maybe give us the whole song, soon? :)

....strat_1, thats the one ...sorry...

Participant:

Thanks for the listen....I"ll need to steal another hour to finish it!...most of my material suffers the same attention span...

I can have the best of intentions, but chances are, next I plug-in, something new is gona' happen...it always does.

Dara

Last edited:
Oh yeah.. that's a strat. Amp and fx set-up? mic'd or emulated?
Longer man! We need more! That was some tasty stuff you teased us with.

Well Yee haw!
Obviously I listened to all of your musical shorts, ah short songs that is. Dara it doesn't matter what instrument you play you got great feel and incredible tone. What amp are you using? Sure would like to hear the full song your just starting to get into a groove at the end. Hope to hear the rest soon.

Scott

Hey Dara.....
Sweet sounding guit. Im in the market for a strat myself. What pick-ups are in this?
...very nice tonage

g

…thanks for the responses everyone…

…anyone care to define the music genre?

B. SABBATH

I think I‘ll work on it again at the weekend, and then you can help me with the mix!
Thanks for the ears.

JR#97
Thanks for the listen.
Setup:
Mesa Boogie DC3 amp, miked with an SM57 , about 4” from the grill. Then a Joemeek VC3Q pre, with light compression (EQ off). The high gain is just the boogie lead channel.

The rhythm guitar was DI to soundcard, thus, it sounds crap, - I’ll mike the amp next time, it’s the only way.

Scott:

Glad you like the tunes. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) I have around 20 more short tune/ideas at the 1 minute mark…so I have a bunch of material, and no time, (job, grad school, 3 kids…)

…see above comments for the amp details,

The amp was my standard setup for my SG, I didn’t have time to *find* a tone with the new ax, all I did was dial back the presence, so can’t really take any credit there.

Guernica:

Guitar and tone?

…guitar is a stock American series hardtail, with factory pickups. MF $599. Didn’t want an arm, and loose all that wood! Strung thru’ the body ( which is nice).

…can’t wait to start tweekin’ the amp!

Thanks for listening!

/Dara

Back