BEATLES cover - a song about a dog - can you guess which..?

yiordanaki

G'day all,

Here's a cover i've been mucking around with if you'd like to have a listen.
I would really like some comments on the balance of the individual tracks as well as on the overall sound through your monitors (eg. too boomy, muddy etc)

It's Martha my Dear

and its here if you're interested..........
get song here

i used my new (second hand) kawai ES-1 digital piano - its awesome -an sm57 and a small behringer mixer for most of it.

thanks for your time

yiordanaki

Sounds good yiordanaki:)

Good perfromance. Shows that if you have a good performance the recording side seems to fall into place by itself.

By the way, did you get it mastered? Or is this a raw mix?

Good Job
Tukkis;)

Very nice job! Am listening through my crummy laptop speakers now, but can hear the fine piano playing. Will listen more closely with headphones later tonight or tomorrow.

40 years ago this week, The Beatles came to America. Thank you, Lord!

I love listening to Beatles songs...covers..whatever. I really enjoyed this... complete with the 4 track like panning.

Thanks for your replies guys.

mixmkr, yeh i tried to get the panning as close as possible, unfortunately, i didn't have access to a trumpet or trumpet player so i just used an electric organ/ hammond hybrid. It sounds OK, but takes a bit away from the feel of the song i reckon.

thanks for your listens.

yiordanaki

By the title of the thread I figured it was Martha My Dear. I clicked on it because I haven't heard the song in a while and felt like hearing it. You did a good job with it. The mix leans badly to the left especially early in the track. Probably by design but it bothered me a little although not to buzzkill proportions. Overall, very enjoyable

i like this song of yours:

get ready to wiggle,
we've been waiting for so long,
get ready to wiggle,
wiggle all day long.

oh, sorry, i thought you actually had some talent. i must've confused you with a different australian group.

yiordanaki,

I too enjoyed the track.

You did the song justice. :)

I would have liked to hear a little more percussion work on this piece as there was a fairly prominent drum part and bass which was missing from your rendition but is was enjoyable none the less.

You voice has an uncanny resemblance to the singer in the older group 10CC. You would probably do well covering their stuff as well.

Cheers! :)

Thanks for listening.

Rayj -
The mix leans badly to the left especially early in the track. Probably by design but it bothered me a little although not to buzzkill proportions.

I know what you mean but thats how the original is panned. I tried to stay as true as possible.

the_supercritic
- hahahahaha nice one. Pity i'm not a group you loser.

the ghost of fm
thanks for listening.
I would have liked to hear a little more percussion work on this piece as there was a fairly prominent drum part and bass which was missing from your rendition but is was enjoyable none the less.

i agree the drums were a terrible fruity loop job, but i think the bass is pretty much right. The thing that fills out the original is the tuba i think that is playing along with the bass. With that missing it also explains how the balnce is skewed to the left.

Thanks again.

y

Back