Another Night of Mixing in Heaphones, I'm I Getting a Better Kick/Bass Tone?

Crazy Luke

Here is another mix - Is it just me, or am I getting better Kick and Bass tones than my previous mixes with "Class Warfare"

The kick is better but the mix is too boomy.
The vocal and guitars are getting drowned out. They are lacking clarity, most likely due to missing mids or just being too silent.

yes the bass and drums sound better, the vocals sound distant to me though instead of being in your face and upfront, it's sometimes hard to distinguish some of the words because of it, even just a 1dB boost would make a big difference, automate them.

I think the mix needs tweaking still. The drums are a bit small sounding and like it's already been said the vocal needs to be a little more in your face.
But let me be the first to say that the performance is phenomenal!
It's a great song and a great performance. Get the mix right and it will be killer.

I think it sounds pretty good. I don't mix this kinda stuff, but if I *was* mixing this one, I'd be reaching for some kinda low end synth stuff to map onto the kick, I think. The kit's all clicky right now, which sounds good and cuts through everything that's going on, but a synth sound down there would add a bit of ballsiness that would just make the whole thing more muscular. Worth a try?

I'd like the snare & kick to be at the same level & yep, add some bottom end to the kick - it's all Milo foil seal flicking at present. Can you EQ it in or does it not exist due to the sample?
The song sounds much more cohesive with this mix.

Back