Angry MP3

drstawl

Banned
I won't go into into the details of what inspired this piece; suffice it to say that I was so pissed I couldn't even write music for two days. When I finally calmed down somewhat this was the result. Based on a MIDI piece composed in CW and played on an SC-88 into the same PC running Vegas Pro. Then I added two electric guitar tracks through a POD run through a mic pre into the PC via S/PDIF.

It's in the MP3 gallery at my site:
http://members.home.net/drstawl/midi.html

Not for the faint of heart.
2.94 MB 256 Kbps mp3

Well, this isn't quite as cheerful a piece as a280e_192a, is it?

Can you make the midi vibes sound more like breaking glass? Maybe the vibes sound is a bit pretty for this one.

What's the story behind it? You okay?

I think he's been hauling too much of that toxic sludge :D

As usual doc... completely mind warping!

You said you ran the POD through a mic pre? Why? What didn't the POD give you that your dbx did?

Using the pre for some gain I could back off on the drive setting to tone down the growl from the POD.

Whoa....lotta emotion there....sounds like these nazis may have served and protected in NYC or LA.......gibs

They'll probably be dancing to this tune in ten years. Sounds like you opened up two cans of woop ass.

I never know what to say Doc. It sounds great. I'd agree with dobro on the vibes. Vibes sound a little cheery for such a pissed off tune. But, since I don't understand the complexities of your stuff, my opinion might be bullshit!

I'm curious Doc, do you have the full tune in your head when you sit down to record, or are you like me and rely on happy surprises? I'll post this question in the new "Songwriting" forum for anyone else to respond to.

Very weird, cool and I think you got Angry across very well. Like the way you work the panning on the L/R guitar tracks.

Thanks, Emeric. You keep noticing things and I'll look for them. (dobro goes back for another listen)

Is the length 1:31? I have the feeling the end got cut off again (the first attempt only DLed about 1.5M).

Have you heard the Fripp and Summers collaborations? The guitars kinda brought back memories of that stuff.

Yeah- you got the whole enchilada.
Sorry about the abruptness but I was angry at the time...
Still searching for the patch combo on my synth to reproduce broken glass. Preferably an impact transient from a collision between a brick and a large plate glass window.
The cheery vibes did have a basis in the chain of events. But on a surreal level.

Back