Analyse/Comment my mix - for post rock fans - eits etc...

bluntside

Hey guys...so ive done some home recordings really budget style... all i used for this was my Line-In on my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card + Guitar Rig + EZ Drummer and Reaper...

Tell me what you think? im not 100% happy with my guitar tone - just recently purchased a ZOOM ZFX Valve Audio Interface and TBH for $340 AUD it doesnt sound that much better then my sound blaster....whats going on??

anyway any comments or suggestions etc please let me know!! i really want to learn how to mix my songs better...

http://www.myspace.com/affectus

Sounds great! Really digging the Explosions in the Sky style. That high (delayed?) guitar sound that comes in after about 45 seconds is lovely!

If I had to say anything, I'd suggest that the drums are a lacking a little "oomph", otherwise, really like it.

Sounds great! Really digging the Explosions in the Sky style. That high (delayed?) guitar sound that comes in after about 45 seconds is lovely!

If I had to say anything, I'd suggest that the drums are a lacking a little "oomph", otherwise, really like it.

Cool thanks!! yeah i love the part at 45 seconds....it gets me every time i play it hehe...

cheers ill work on the drums then!

kudos to you! i hear hints of slint and june of 44 with a more modern feel, and i like it!!!

the mix sounds really good, no nits. as for recording quality, i'm reluctant to give an opinion on a myspace version. get a soundclick account--they let you upload higher quality mp3s (up to 10 mb per song free!).

one other thing--your drum programming is much better than most. i don't know anything about these newer software drums, but if they operate anything like my old alesis sr16, it sounds like you've really put some thought into it. it's hard to make canned drums interesting, and you've done well. :)

request sent.

Back