Ambient/Post-Rock Track

This is exactly the kind of music I'm into these days. Awesome! I was waiting for some heavily fuzzed up guitars to come in and kick everything around, but that's just me. Cool imagery too, but you couldn't possibly have filmed all those scenes in 24 hours so I take it you mean the editing.

What pedals (if any) are you using on this one?

This is soo good!!!
Loved every bit of it :)
And the sounding was great on my 2.1 speakers here.

This is exactly the kind of music I'm into these days. Awesome! I was waiting for some heavily fuzzed up guitars to come in and kick everything around, but that's just me. Cool imagery too, but you couldn't possibly have filmed all those scenes in 24 hours so I take it you mean the editing.

What pedals (if any) are you using on this one?
Yeah, I did the editing haha.

The only pedal I used was a fuzz pedal at the end, which is a Way Huge Swollen Pickle. This is the first time I didn't even amp my guitar or really use any pedals, I just plugged my guitar directly into my interface. It's a fast method than allowed me to lay out ideas really fast. I used Ableton, and I made use of the ping-pong delay and the reverb plugin to make the guitars sound blissed-out.

This is soo good!!!
Loved every bit of it :)
And the sounding was great on my 2.1 speakers here.
Thanks!!

I thought it sounded pretty good. I liked the clean guitar sounds. The song moves well.

The drums were OK.

I didn't care for the bass sound so much. Not a lot of definition to the notes. It was a little low-end-heavy and not enough in the low mid-range for my tastes.

I thought it sounded pretty good. I liked the clean guitar sounds. The song moves well.

The drums were OK.

I didn't care for the bass sound so much. Not a lot of definition to the notes. It was a little low-end-heavy and not enough in the low mid-range for my tastes.
This was the first time I didn't amp my bass. I actually rolled back the tone knob on the bass while recording the bass (something I probably shouldn't have done) because it was conflicting with the other mid-rangey stuff like the lead riff and the synths. I should have just taken any mid-range out of the bass via EQing the recorded track. I'll definitely do that next time. Thanks for the feedback :thumbs up:

Well done wolf.

I especially like the delay on the guitar riffs. The footage is very nice, and more or less reflects the kind of images this music would create in one's mind while listening.

I don't have any problems with the mix myself. I guess I thought the drums were a little too thin and/or clean sounding for my taste, but it may be just right for this sort of piece...not sure. Anyway, thanks for posting this as I enjoyed the listen.

sounds great! Love the guitars....reminded me a bit of the Edge/ early New Order kinda vibe...really enjoyed it, video as well...Nice Job!

Back