all your mixes are belong to me (can I have your mixes)

kidkage

Bored of Canada
Aybabtu.png
:facepalm: @ memes

Here's the deal:
I'm not a mastering engineer at all.
Not trying to be either.
BUT I have picked up wavelab elements because spending $60+ per song everytime I want to upload to the internets wouldn't be very practical.
(for "full releases" im totally going for pro mastering. don't worry. but lol @ "full releases")
Anyway.
I don't have any of my own completed works to test out Wavelab with at the moment so, if any of you trust me enough to not infringe upon your material and would you be so kind as to give me a track or something to test it out with once it comes in. I would enjoy that. Thoroughly. Even if it were like a 30 second clip of something. That would rule. All genres apply as I tend to create all over the place. Although. I don't make any R&B/Hip-hop or bluegrass :o.
:listeningmusic:

Hey Kidkage, You want to try your hand at mastering a mix? Is that right? I have a mix that i feel pretty comfortable with (I don't own the tune though, just did a mix of it) that I could send you. I've always wanted to see how a mastered version would sound compared to what I've done. I've never had the experience before. I move all my finish mixes to a second external drive so I would have to pull it up and remove the limiter I probably tossed on.. Would you give mine a shot? I'm by no means as good s others that frequent here, so if that's ok..?

I don't think this is the updated version, but you can get a sense of the song.. Tree Mix_01 by bornofsound on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Yep!
That's exactly what I'm looking to do.

As I've said, I've never mastered before and don't know much about it myself so it probably won't be perfect.
But maybe it'll turn it well for both of us!
Worst case scenario I end up with a little more experience and you end up with another version of your song.

I'll let you know when Wavelab comes in :D

get yourself a dropbox account and i can give you some older tunes...id need to tidy the mixes, and they wouldnt be perfect, but tll give you practice :)

Awesome!

Soundcloud-esque drop box or dropbox(dot)com dropbox?
I've got both set-up.
Not too sure how either work though :o

Awesome!

Soundcloud-esque drop box or dropbox(dot)com dropbox?
I've got both set-up.
Not too sure how either work though :o

dropbox.com thingy

i put my mixes into a folder within dropbox, then send you a link..by adding your email address you have access to the files on the computer that you have installed dropbox...means no long downloads or files size limits...i can get three or four mixes together...cant promise the mixes are great but itll give you something to work with??

dropbox.com thingy

i put my mixes into a folder within dropbox, then send you a link..by adding your email address you have access to the files on the computer that you have installed dropbox...means no long downloads or files size limits...i can get three or four mixes together...cant promise the mixes are great but itll give you something to work with??

oh ok cool.

your mixes will certainly be better than mine :D

i just sent an email to find out where wavelab is. it isnt showing as shipped. ordered it last wednesday :(

I'll can give you something if you want. You can either try that song I posted a week or 2 ago or I can let you have another short song/improv I did.

I'll can give you something if you want. You can either try that song I posted a week or 2 ago or I can let you have another short song/improv I did.

Yeah perfect!
It's all your call.

Looks like it'll be another week until Wavelab comes in :(
they're only getting around to shipping it today

Hey guys, just checking in to let you know that I've been slipping on my Wavelab game for the last few weeks.
The summer sneaks up on you.
As do other gear purchases and writing sessions :o

I've got a friend that'll be visiting for a few weeks so I'll probably take that break that we all end up taking for a few weeks or something.

Just letting you all know that I haven't forgotten ;)
And once again, thanks for the tracks. They've been a HUGE help.

Back