Alice Cooper cover....

R

RAMI

I want to post a couple of new originals, but I'm waiting for my Stones cover to drop off page one. So, in the mean time, here's another cover I banged out a few weeks ago. I don't know how many people know this, so maybe I should just say it's mine. :D But it's not.

CAUGHT IN A DREAM (Alice Cooper cover)

Very Nice. Speaking of Alice Cooper, did you catch the performance of "Hollywood Vampires" on the grammies? Probably old news. Thought it was cool.

Very Nice. Speaking of Alice Cooper, did you catch the performance of "Hollywood Vampires" on the grammies? Probably old news. Thought it was cool.

Thanx man.

No, I don't watch the Grammies. What are the Hollywood Vampires?

A really bad "superband". Alice Cooper is one of them.

Oh I see. Yeah, I wouldn't be interested. It's funny, as much as I'm an Alice Cooper fanatic, I'm really only talking about the original band that lasted 4 albums (well, 6 really, but the first 2 don't count) and ended in 1975. Anything he did after that was a horrible caricature of himself. All that 90's "Poison" garbage makes me heave. I love the original Alice Cooper band, that's it.

A really bad "superband". Alice Cooper is one of them.

Well I was trying to be nice not knowing if RAMI had a hero in Alice Cooper...but although I thought the song was cool, but Alice was definitely the weak link. Johnny Depp is in the band also, and I think Duff McKagan. A gimmic band for sure

Well I was trying to be nice not knowing if RAMI had a hero in Alice Cooper...
Hehe...Don't worry. Even if I did, I wouldn't get upset over someone criticizing a semi-talented millionaire who I've never met. He's not a great singer. His style was perfect for that band when they were great. But I have no attachment to him beyond that. :)

Oh I see. Yeah, I wouldn't be interested. It's funny, as much as I'm an Alice Cooper fanatic, I'm really only talking about the original band that lasted 4 albums (well, 6 really, but the first 2 don't count) and ended in 1975. Anything he did after that was a horrible caricature of himself. All that 90's "Poison" garbage makes me heave. I love the original Alice Cooper band, that's it.

Right, before he started playing golf with George Bush and stuff.

Nice job brother!

Man I love that album to death! 1970, kicking it in my bedroom listening to the local college radio station KPPC and on came Black JuJu I was playing drums at the time and I was blown away by this crazy band called Alice Cooper...My keyboard playing band mate and I blazed over to White Front the next day and purchased Love it to death...we were blown away...

Got to see the original band a few times, what a kick ass band...once with JOJO Gun damn great concert.

I've been pushing the boys in BACK IN THE DAZE to cover Love it to death ...think I'm going to push a little harder now..

Nice job brother!

Man I love that album to death! 1970, kicking it in my bedroom listening to the local college radio station KPPC and on came Black JuJu I was playing drums at the time and I was blown away by this crazy band called Alice Cooper...My keyboard playing band mate and I blazed over to White Front the next day and purchased Love it to death...we were blown away...

Got to see the original band a few times, what a kick ass band...once with JOJO Gun damn great concert.

I've been pushing the boys in BACK IN THE DAZE to cover Love it to death ...think I'm going to push a little harder now..
Which song from Love it to Death do you want to cover? There are so many great ones. This one, Hallowed Be My Name, Long Way to Go, etc....great album. Funny, Black Juju was a song I always skipped as a kid. Now, it's one of my faves on the album. :)

The song from which the album name came..."Long way to go" is the one I was meaning. But you're right there are several that kick

The song from which the album name came..."Long way to go" is the one I was meaning. But you're right there are several that kick

Oh yeah. "I guess I love it, love it death". Makes sense. :)

I didn't know the original, so I googled it for reference. Honestly, I like your version better; an old song with a contemporary mix. I hope that's not sacrilege against a classic rock icon.

Once again, I've got no nits on the mix. Good job. :)
Thanks for sharing!!

+1 for the above comment by Chili but without concern if it's sacrileges or not. The "Hey Day" for Mr. Cooper was before my time I guess because I could never find his offerings anything other then cheesy and possibly Spinal Tap inspiring. Not that there is anything wrong with those qualities. I know I like stuff that falls in the same catagory. IMO. I think I was just 5 - 10 years to young to be on vibe with Alice. As above I like your version better !! Great Job

Thanx guys.

Meh, there's no such thing as sacreligousness....it's only rock and roll.
I could never find his offerings anything other then cheesy and possibly Spinal Tap inspiring.
That's pretty much what he became. A parody of himself and not a very good one at that. His "Hey day" was short and early, and it was the Alice Cooper band that was great, not just him as a cartoon character.

As above I like your version better !! Great Job
Thanx a lot. It's hard for me to like my version of anything better, if it's not my song to begin with. If it wasn't for his version, mine wouldn't exist. But I get what you're saying. Thanx a lot. :cool:

Back