Acid Planet

zelmobeaty

Please lsten and critique my stuff on acid planet. the first two, "Simple Life Matters" and "I Can Do Anything" were recorded in a full studio. all the others were at home.

much obliged

King of the Urban Jungle...Man, this is very cool. Are you playing/singing everything? This is a home recording, right? Sounds damn good, excellent mix. Cool Little Walter-style harp.

Tony Joe...I well remember Polk Salad Annie. I dig the groove of this one. Highhat is a little hot, but not bad.

When Furry's Good 'n Ready...Damn, Charles, this is my favorite. No suggestions here, I'm just enjoying the hell out of listening. Brings a smile to my heart.

I Can do Anything...couldn't get this one to stream.

I dug reading about your artistic influences...especially coffee. :D

Seriously fine stuff here, Charles.

Mark

Mark:

Thanks for your reply.

King of the Urban Jungle...Man, this is very cool. Are you playing/singing everything? YES I PLAY AND SING EVERYTHING ON THIS ONE. This is a home recording, right? YES I RECORD IN ACID THROUGH AN AUDIGY CARD. Sounds damn good, excellent mix. APPRECIATE IT. Cool Little Walter-style harp.

Tony Joe...I well remember Polk Salad Annie. I dig the groove of this one. Highhat is a little hot, but not bad. MY FIRST HOME RECORDING SEQUENCED ON A YAMAHA QY 700. MIDI - NOT LOOPS.

When Furry's Good 'n Ready...Damn, Charles, this is my favorite. No suggestions here, I'm just enjoying the hell out of listening. Brings a smile to my heart. THANKS AGAIN.

I Can do Anything...couldn't get this one to stream. HMM?

listened to "I can do anything" ... nice tune... and production... and mix ... cool voice... one thing bugged me is once in a while you hear this loud string squick... ouch... I noticed those are emphisised (sp?) by compression ... well and new strings :)

good tune though ... enjoyed it...
cheers

Okay, this time I got "I Can Do Anything" to work (got some weird file error first time, probably something screwy on my end).

I can sure hear the Taj influence here, very cool. Guitars laying in just right. Uplifting writing, cool hook. Cool juxtaposition with Elvis/Joseph. Everything here is serving the song, just like it should.

Great tracks, man.

Mark

Ok I listened to other three songs.. (the one's you can get without sign up) ... very good stuff... only one thing that I can say is they all are not very clear sounding but it might be mp3...

all the tunes are very "tasty" and well performed IMHO...
I couldn't help thinking "this guy could be cliniq's blues crawdad" :D, you might not know what I'm talking about but take it as a compliment... he.. he... :D

can't offer any real critique to improve these... just enjoyed the listen...

cheers

Back