the ace has distortion in the house.

I thought the levels were too low on just about everything. I had to really crank it to hear it good. Oh, and umm... there's something wrong with your guitar, it sounds all distorted! :(

(kidding about the guitar, distortion is just not my thing at all)

firstly, i would solve the timing issues if possible then focus on the individual sounds. do you have access to anything that will allow you to edit midi? you can probably rely more on editing than the accuracy of hitting a keyboard with your fingers. The double bass drum thing is damn near impossible on a keyboard imo.

cant i edit midi in cakewalk pro 9? i dont know a damn thing about midi though the only thing i do know is the midi demos in cakewalk sound like old super nintendo music lol. i am gonna try re recording some drums but im gona put the bass drum on one track and the snare on another and cymbals on yet another, this way i can eq them all there own way and have seperate compresion ratios for each instrument, does anyone know if i can eq in realtime in cakewalk pro 9. i have sonar 1.01 and i know that will do it but for some reason my comp dont like sonar and freezes all the time and i have a newer comp to less than a year old. i cant seem to find the monitor thing to turn on realtime effects in pro 9 i know where it is in sonar. does anyone here have any recordings using midi drums that sound decent and maybe a brief description of how they did it? again guys i thank you all so much for your 2 cents and i know this demo was almost unbearable for some of you. it just goes to show how great you guys are being that you are willing to help almost anyone.thanks so much. tim pate

there is not two ways to say it dude ... so I'm not going to.. :) because others already did.

Cheap drums solution... I got Acid Latin from GC free ... the guy just gave it to me for hanging around :D ... you can get it for like $10

anyway it has Acid Music 2.0 (I think) and some loops and individual hits ... you can also download bunch of wave files from the net... search this BBS ... and here is what I did

1) record clean guitar to click ...
2) put that guitar track as one track in Acid
3) use individual hits to make drum part.
4) save drums as separate files ...
5) import into ... cakewalk in your case ...

here is the result of using this method...

or at 256kbs

if you have any questions, post away I'd be glad to answer

at the risk of being called Acid plant I have been pitching this for some time now only because I liked the results myself... :)

cheers

Back