#99 with a Parachute..Acey Returns

crawdad

Dammit, Jim, Shut Up!
Well, they talked me into re-releasing this song. The band is thinking of getting back together despite poor chart performance. Its just a matter of finishing those rehab stints and they plan to re-form.

Acey and the Fuzztones plan on being even bigger than Paul Revere and the Raiders someday and I say its good to have lofty goals. Of course, it never hurts to have a great song and some talent. I wish these guys did, but--hey--its all about looks and street smarts these days anyway...oops, that's not gonna help 'em much.

Well, one thing old Acey is good at is occasionally drinking too much and pulling some half assed stunt like deleting a post just as it was bound for glory. You shoulda seen him this morning. His skin blended right into the paisley shirt he was wearing. It was hard to tell where the shirt left off and the head began.

Anyhoo--check out their first single. Its a real treat you won't soon remember. Heck, with your help, we can get this out the "bubbling under the top 100" and shoot it right to #1 on the Nowhere charts. Today, HR.com--tomorrow the world--and other places!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1522&alid=-1

hhhmmm nice paisley shirt, btw.

96 Tears keyboards?

Kinda has that Paul Revere and the Raiders vibe...I suppose...

I think you might have succeeded...gtr maybe a little to loud and bring up the keys.

should be in mono though...

VW minivan too?

oh...at 1:30ish...has that Blues Magoos feel.... kinda like the Tobacco Road "freak out" section. Guitar is too "hip" sounding though....too much sustain maybe... something about it... Have a Vox tonebender?

man...anyone getting a deja vu???

Great song! I like the retro sound you've created. Pretty soon "kabonkers" are going to be a big craze again. My wrist just stopped hurting???????

Anyway I liked everything about it except the guitar tone and style during the solo section. It removes it from the whole scene the song created because it's a different style, a different era really. It's way too melodic IMHO. The song, to me begs for a much simpler R'n'R feel and sound.

Joe

sounds good crawdad...........i think i'm listening to the right tune?....the acey one right?...............nice rock song............good vocals

Pretty cool tune. Nice guitar riffs and fills.

It's like Lynard Skynard covering some one hit wonder, British invasion, skiffle band.

Smokepole said:
Great song! I like the retro sound you've created. Pretty soon "kabonkers" are going to be a big craze again. My wrist just stopped hurting???????

Anyway I liked everything about it except the guitar tone and style during the solo section. It removes it from the whole scene the song created because it's a different style, a different era really. It's way too melodic IMHO. The song, to me begs for a much simpler R'n'R feel and sound.

Joe

Yeah, I hear ya. I put that break in as a cliche. Back in the day, everybody and their brother had to do something like that and nobody cared if it fit the song!

Actually, I may do another version of this someday and put it into a blues/rock thing, which is where it kept wanting to go.

Powderfinger--you hit the right one. I actually wanted it to be more of a joke, but I couldn't leave well enough alone!

TripleM--I had to laugh when I read your Lynard Skynard description. Thats too funny!

that was great.. strange transition, I really liked this one! not crazy about the drums, but the song and the recording and vocals are great!

great I said! :D

TripleM said:
Pretty cool tune. Nice guitar riffs and fills.

It's like Lynard Skynard covering some one hit wonder, British invasion, skiffle band.

Perhaps you meant to say "LynYrd SkynYrd"?:D

Skynyrd is a religion in the south,I had to correct the spelling.:D

B.SABBATH said:
that was great.. strange transition, I really liked this one! not crazy about the drums, but the song and the recording and vocals are great!

great I said! :D

Thanks for the revive! "Acey and the Fuzztones have climbed from #99 last wee to 95 this week with a bullet!"

Cool tune. The solos sounded like Ted Nugent in his Amboy Duke days. The song has a southern rock/60's feel to it. Good vocals.
Myx

Yea, Lynyrd is really good. Him and Floyd from Pink Floyd are my two favorites. Oh...... Jethro Tull is also a good flute player too.

Joe

Smokepole said:
Yea, Lynyrd is really good. Him and Floyd from Pink Floyd are my two favorites. Oh...... Jethro Tull is also a good flute player too.

Joe

:D
You would be surprised at how many people actually think that those band names are a person in the band.:D

mixmkr said:
should be in mono though...

Or drums/bass on the L and guitar/keys on the right. Yeah, and a RIAA roll-off at 10K to get rid of that crisp top-end.

Then you'd be pretty much period correct.:D

Cool tune as always, crawdaddio. :cool:

Fun listen...and it sounded great. The break was a little interesting. :D

Keeper for me.

Nice work (as ususal)

You just rule. 'nuff said. Whoa...lol...that break is PERFECT!!! Damn, that reminds me of about 10 songs I love. It goes from a kind of r&b to (who was the band that did...(Inagoddadavita?"). Man, I personally love the break...keep it. I think you've totally lost the ability to do anything half-assed.

I have a question, though...this is the first tune I've heard in awhile that really just LIT UP the LED's...Absolutely pinned to the ceiling. It sounds great, I'm just curious as to how you mastered it. The drums sound pretty compressed, but it fits. So see...there IS something to learn here...lol.

Yeah, I love that break.

I can see myself sitting in the bar with a cool one in hand now!

Great sound..

Guitars

No Likes:
Drums (snare to be specific)

Overall it is a cool song a very well recorded....

You rock!

A big thumbs up. Most excellent. Your vocals are just great, and you have exactly the right type and amount of reverb for this style.

I disagree with the comment about the lead guitar riff. I think you might have seen those styles start to merge in 1967 or 1968. Maybe something a group like the Yardbirds could have done.

I wouldn't touch a thing.

Mike

That lead guitar reminds me of the Quicksilver Messenger Service sound from the 60s. Anyone remember those guys.

Back