788 Blues #2

cool,
you could add some foot stumping for rithm track. I think it would fit well

cheers

Dan;

I listend to both tunes and the playing was great. The overall volume and mix of #2 was much better.

Glad you are enjoying your new recorder, Bro!

Yo fellow Virginian;

CR

Hey DTB,

Like the guitar sounds. What kind are they? The bass in parts seems overpowering in the way low range. Maybe a touch of roll off would help.

Cool phone ringing at 2.:31 +. Someone answer.

I didn't listen to #1, so can't say much about any comparisons.

It's has a jam feel to it, but thoughtful.

Good stuff.

Fed said:
cool,
you could add some foot stumping for rithm track. I think it would fit well

cheers

Fed...you boozer!!...set your beer down...you've had enough!!:D

I agree with Emeric's comments about kinda a jam feel.... a little hissy, recording wise maybe too...

the guitars do sound nice, and the playing is fine too.

maybe a little more "punch" on the phone ring...

regarding the hissy sound...I'm also hearing what appears to be just a lot of room sound...like the mics are cranked too...or noisy preamps...something along those lines. Are you hearing that also? It is fairly loud, and would go a long ways in cleaning up your tracks if you could settle it down a little. To me, it borderlines on being as noisy as a cassette, if not more.

thanks peoples,

Fed, foot stomping, what makes the world go round.

Guernica, thanks again,

Axe4, yeah, not really sure, I think it was a preset eq or something, but it did add signal strength. Love the 788. Virginia is for lovers, he he he h eh ehehhehhehheh

hey Emeric, what's going on dude, I checked the answering machine and no message, it was Bob the keyboard dude, he came by about 20 minutes after I recorded this. Just my HD28 thru the 57 with some kinda preset on the 788. I think it was a eq setting of some kind. All I can say at this point is loud, man, and of course it happened to the bass to. Tell me about this roll-off thing. I read ya'll talking about this a lot. It sounds like I need some. he he he he. #1 was dry, nothing added, and was just low volune and the bass was very low. All I did was touch one of the effects buttons, and there you go, level, bright, acoustic guitars and an overpowering bass. Makes you want to go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

thanks guys,

dtb

dan-o...
ya know, I went back and listened to version 1...and it's quieter...less background noise.
what's with that?

mixy,
I touched one of them thar effects buttons. See what happens when you don't know whar's happening yet? It added all the noise, but I did like the volume. Got to work on it. That's why I'm here. he he he he. The first cut was a lot cleaner. You're right, you're always right. Well, maybe most of the time. But I love the 788. It's super. And I think after a little practice and use I'll get better recordings.

Now about that bass roll-off?

dtb

Hey dtb, I started not posting on your threads because the last three times I did you completely ignored me...:cool:

But I will give you this tip about the 788..

If you use effect 2, the stereo compressor, and set all it's settings to the minimum, like ratio all the way down etc., you can use the post gain to raise any signal without adding noise.

Effect 2, not effect 1 if you want to raise a level without noise.

This is what I do and have heard my mixes are halfway decent..

I do this on every song I record with the 788..

Good sound on the guitars. And especially nice sounding bass. I was half way through the song trying to pick out what I liked before I realized the nice little bass line underneath. It supports the song so well.

Good job.

And hey - don't ignore my song that's out there now :D

thanks samicidebsabbath, for the tip, I was checking some of that shit in the manual last nite trying to figure it out. It'll take a while. And sorry if I ignored you, didn't realize, and you are probably not the only one. he he he he he

TripleM, I've been working on the bass a lot lately, there never seems to be a bass player around when you need one. he he he

Other than the noise added by the effect thing, the guitars are just my HD28 thru the 57. The bass is run thru the guitar channel on the 788. ;) ;)

dtb

;) erichenryus, thanks pal. At least the loudness made it better. Lot's of work to do to get some more features of this recorder into my stuff. Samij gave me a big tip and I've tried it. It should really cut some of the noise down on future tunz.

thanks again,

dtb

whoops, the review I did of #1 was actually for this one, sorry. Yeah, listening to the 'real' #1, #2 is a definite imrovement, nice work man!

Laj

I forgot to post my comments about the tune..

Nice relaxed feel to this jam.. I think the 788 sounds good on your tunz.. Mess with that compressor because it helps out with almost everything....especially bass. The ratio knob is the main knob to mess with... turn it up for bass and down for other things and you'll be suprised..

later
sam
(B.Sabbath)

hey again sam,
I did. And as always, you're right. A great tip. I know I wouldn't have run across this, if ever, and that's what's great about this BBS. Thanks.

laj35, thanks man. I'll read it for sure.

dtb

yeah the manual with the 788 didnt explain compression well for me..

If you ever want to B.S. about the 788, drop me a p.m.

later
sam
(B.Sabbath)

Back